The Student Room Group

Wrong degree choice? Law to MPharm foundation? Advice needed!

Right, so I'm in year 13, getting my results in August. I'm predicted decent grades, my honest guess would be from AAA - ABB. I currently have an offer to study law this september assuming I get AAB. However, I'm really thinking that I've made the wrong decision choosing Law. For the past few months I've been looking into MPharm degrees with integrated foundation years (necessary seeing as my A Levels are - Maths, Politics, English Lit; I was keeping my options open when I picked). I've been looking at NHS careers since mid yr 12 and clinical Pharmacy really interests me, but I haven't done A Level Chem.

I've found four Unis: Keele, UEA, Reading, and Lincoln, all of which offer MPharm w/ foundation year without requiring Chem or Bio A Level.

Is this the right route to take? I'd have to take a gap year, then 5 years at uni, then a year pre-reg. Does anyone have any info about the MPharm degree/foundation year at these unis? Or know of any other unis that offer an MPharm foundation year I'd be eligible for?

TIA
Reply 1
Do Law, or Politics and Finance/Banking.
Reply 2
Original post by rubytinker01
Right, so I'm in year 13, getting my results in August. I'm predicted decent grades, my honest guess would be from AAA - ABB. I currently have an offer to study law this september assuming I get AAB. However, I'm really thinking that I've made the wrong decision choosing Law. For the past few months I've been looking into MPharm degrees with integrated foundation years (necessary seeing as my A Levels are - Maths, Politics, English Lit; I was keeping my options open when I picked). I've been looking at NHS careers since mid yr 12 and clinical Pharmacy really interests me, but I haven't done A Level Chem.

I've found four Unis: Keele, UEA, Reading, and Lincoln, all of which offer MPharm w/ foundation year without requiring Chem or Bio A Level.

Is this the right route to take? I'd have to take a gap year, then 5 years at uni, then a year pre-reg. Does anyone have any info about the MPharm degree/foundation year at these unis? Or know of any other unis that offer an MPharm foundation year I'd be eligible for?

TIA

Out of every career,pharmacy seems like the most boring career.I personally would try to get a Medicine with foundation degree if I had your grades but personally I don't understand why people would want to serve pills to old grumpy people all day but thats my 2 cents
Original post by lEAOP
Out of every career,pharmacy seems like the most boring career.I personally would try to get a Medicine with foundation degree if I had your grades but personally I don't understand why people would want to serve pills to old grumpy people all day but thats my 2 cents

Thing is, even medicine foundation degrees are so competetive and borderline impossible to get into without at least one of chem or bio. As for the career being boring, I agree that community pharmacy seems quite boring, but I would intent to follow a career in clinical pharmacy, working in a hospital, not just a local Boots!
Reply 4
hey i’m in the same boat right know. have you got into pharmacy yet as i’m not sure if i will get in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending