The Student Room Group

How do you become rich?

This is just a general question for anyone. I know that this is a variable question and is probably stupid to ask in itself. But I’m open to suggestions anyway.

So you are a 14 year old teenager, what choices do you make to make sure that you are rich in the future?

To define rich let’s just use the American definition (most easily translatable to other countries) which is a net worth of 2.3 million dollars.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Law and Business are certainly two tickets to money. Luck is a factor as well however. I would avoid choosing a career path plainly for the money. You won’t be satisfied with your life if you don’t enjoy what you do, and money isn’t everything.
^^Yes. If you become a corporate lawyer in England you can and up to £250K+ a year I think.
Reply 3
World domination.
Original post by mazenod
Law and Business are certainly two tickets to money. Luck is a factor as well however. I would avoid choosing a career path plainly for the money. You won’t be satisfied with your life if you don’t enjoy what you do, and money isn’t everything.

I do have an interest in business so this is great for me. A lot of the enjoyment for me for some reason comes out of making money but of course I should choose something I’m good at otherwise it would be quite painful. I’ll look to find a fusion between what I enjoy and what makes me money.

Also to maximise profits wouldn’t having a job in America be better as in average there is higher pay and lower taxes?
Original post by LovelyMrFox
World domination.

That is literally my plan 😂
Reply 6
Original post by ILikeChina87181
That is literally my plan 😂

Oh is that so?
Looks to me like Ive got a rival :unimpressed:
If you eat a millionaire, you become a millionaire as their DNA is now inside of your body.
Several different careers will lead to a life of riches.

Lawyer (very competitive)
Medical Doctor (very competitive + many years of training required, so you will be very old)
Engineer (lots of difficult maths)
Pilot (You need to have a lot of money to go to a flight school/ £75,000+)

or just become a member of parliament and get £75,000 yearly for doing nothing
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Marshmello's Dad
If you eat a millionaire, you become a millionaire as their DNA is now inside of your body.

Welp, time to find that third cousin I have...
Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES
Several different careers will lead to a life of riches.

Lawyer (very competitive)
Medical Doctor (very competitive + many years of training required, so you will be very old)
Engineer (lots of difficult maths)
Pilot (You need to have a lot of money to go to a flight school/ £75,000+)

or just become a member of parliament and get £75,000 yearly for doing nothing

Yup. This is EXACTLY what being an MP is. Absolutely F all.

Being hated by half your constituents on a good day despite tireless campaigning, travelling between London and your constituency with relentless frequency, the near certainty of your career ending in unpopularity or disgrace if you are front bench...
(edited 3 years ago)
Luck can have a part.
Read 'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill. Very insightful.
YouTube 😂
I do have an interest in business so this is great for me. A lot of the enjoyment for me for some reason comes out of making money but of course I should choose something I’m good at otherwise it would be quite painful. I’ll look to find a fusion between what I enjoy and what makes me money.

Also to maximise profits wouldn’t having a job in America be better as in average there is higher pay and lower taxes?

You’re forgetting the cost of health insurance. Unless you were in medicine, law or business and it was good company that made tonnes of money, I don’t think you’d be better off tbh.
I literally tell my sister this every day 😂. She’s a doctor and hates her job and complains about money. She could literally just move to Australia or something. Or just become the British version of Dr. Oz.
This seems like a good way for many people. Unfortunately for me I am socially inept and have gone through a bit to much of “r/people asking doctors stupid questions” to have any will to help humanity anymore.
Original post by Anonymous
You’re forgetting the cost of health insurance. Unless you were in medicine, law or business and it was good company that made tonnes of money, I don’t think you’d be better off tbh.

I believe health insurance in America is directly linked to the job so the benefits I get depend on the employer so yes it may vary. Americans do spend more but they seem to be able to earn insane amounts of money compared to the uk. Like which job in the uk pays you £200k salary on average? It’s to the point that in California you are considered poor if you earn under 100k. So I guess if you play your cards right you can earn a lot.
Law of attraction
I believe health insurance in America is directly linked to the job so the benefits I get depend on the employer so yes it may vary. Americans do spend more but they seem to be able to earn insane amounts of money compared to the uk. Like which job in the uk pays you £200k salary on average? It’s to the point that in California you are considered poor if you earn under 100k. So I guess if you play your cards right you can earn a lot.

That is true hut you have to meet a specific category I’m guessing to be rich in America. For example, I Mom guessing it would be a struggle for someone like me who is a woman of colour to be any richer in the US as I would be here in the UK. But I’m not trying to get too political. Also, from what I know the majority of jobs in America don’t come with health insurance. Only certain ones do but I guess yeah, if you play your cards right then you could :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Law of attraction

I never really understood it but at this point anything works 😂...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending