The Student Room Group

Saving sex until marriage.

I’m 20 years old and I’m not a virgin.

I’ve only slept with 2 people but I’ve decided now I really want to wait until marriage. I understand the benefits of saving myself for my future husband and the consequences of pre-matrial sex.

But...In the back of my mind I think nowadays what guy would wait because it’s not ideal. So would I be single forever? Do guys wait to and think like this.

Need some advice

(Btw I’m not judging anyone that’s had sex out of marriage.)

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure you'll find someone who respects your decision, even if that wasn't their original plan :smile:
Reply 2
hi, once youre not virgin anymore i dont get the point of saving for marriage, live day by day and be happy or youll regret one day bacause you save your self and then meet the wrong person
Right now is the best time to wait for sex until marriage haha, as casual sex is outlawed
Reply 4
Original post by bugsbp
hi, once youre not virgin anymore i dont get the point of saving for marriage, live day by day and be happy or youll regret one day bacause you save your self and then meet the wrong person

To me dating without having sex strengthens the relationship you have with that person. You actually get to build an actual emotional connection and that emotional connection becomes stronger having sex within a marriage, which creates a soul tie. When you have a soul tie to someone outside of marriage it’s hard to move on from them. When you leave a relationship you take a piece of them away with you and then carry it to the next person you sleep with.

I also think there is a deep level of commitment and trust when you wait.
I also put it in my savings account
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

lol
Reply 7

So funny🙄
Reply 8

I’ve only slept with 2 people but I’ve decided now I really want to wait until marriage. I understand the benefits of saving myself for my future husband and the consequences of pre-matrial sex.

But...In the back of my mind I think nowadays what guy would wait because it’s not ideal. So would I be single forever? Do guys wait to and think like this.

Need some advice

Lots of guys wait for the right person, it's hardly unusual but modern society would have you believe everyone is sex crazed and at it like rabbits.

Just out of interest, were those two people hookups or previous boyfriends?
Reply 9
Original post by Daveological
I'm sure you'll find someone who respects your decision, even if that wasn't their original plan :smile:

Thank you🥺💕
Reply 10
There are men who will be happy to go along with this tbh.

If he's not then he isn't the right one for you.
I think the essence is that you should meet someone who would appreciate your rationale behind the abstinence.
Original post by TJ1997
Lots of guys wait for the right person, it's hardly unusual but modern society would have you believe everyone is sex crazed and at it like rabbits.

Just out of interest, were those two people hookups or previous boyfriends?

Yeah it’s hard to imagine guys waiting in a way 🥴

First guy I lost my virginity too and he was my boyfriend broke up when I was 17.

Met Second guy when I was 19/20 he actually cheated on me 🤕 and he was my ‘boyfriend’ too

First guy I lost my virginity too and he was my boyfriend broke up when I was 17.

Met Second guy when I was 19/20 he actually cheated on me 🤕 and he was my ‘boyfriend’ too

You’re right
I am a guy and I absolutely cannot imagine myself waiting 🤣
I understand the benefits of saving myself for my future husband and the consequences of pre-matrial sex.

Hey, interesting post.

What are the benefits of "saving" for a future husband? And also what are the consequences of pre-marital sex (assuming is safe sex)?
Reply 15

Some wait for the right person or haven't been given a chance really, perhaps open your eyes a little wider.

Ah alright, sorry to hear about the second bloke :frown:

If you find someone who respects your views, you will find the right guy for sure.
Original post by Julia_is_me
Hey, interesting post.

What are the benefits of "saving" for a future husband? And also what are the consequences of pre-marital sex (assuming is safe sex)?

I’m a Christian, so there may be certain things you wouldn’t agree with that I mention.

Pre-martial sex weakens trust in a relationship. Trust is a key ingredient for marriage. It breaks trust because how do you know that person is committed to you for life out side marriage?

Pre-marital sex steals the joy and connection of a dating relationship. You want to know your partner very well without the physical side like do you guys connect emotionally, mentally etc. Sex is a powerful thing and in the bible it says once you have sex with that person you become one and you form a soul tie. And a soul tie is ‘spiritual/emotional connection you have to someone after being intimate with them, this happens through sexual intercourse.’ So You don’t want to be having this connection with just anyone because then it hard to let go and in a marriage you know that person has made an agreement to stay with you for life so that soul tie will benefit your marriage.

But with a relationship that person can leave anytime because the don’t have a secure commitment with you and a soul tie is hard to get rid of to the point that when you want to be rid of them from your mind and your life, even when you are far away from them and out of their prescence you still feel as if they are apart of you and apart of you is with them that’s why people find it hard to let go on move on.

Marriage is a covenant that is blessed. The bible encourages us to flee from sexual immoralities and marriage brings you closer to God when you decide to get married it’s in the eyes of God and in the bible it says ‘Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.’ so it’s important that we don’t just give ourselves to anyone because we’re worthy and our bodies belong to Christ and when you get married it then belongs to your husband or wife.

You want to make sure your relationship is strong without sex because sex will not keep someone. You need to make sure the person is right for you before giving yourself

People think waiting can only happen if you’re a virgin but that’s not true.
Original post by TJ1997
Some wait for the right person or haven't been given a chance really, perhaps open your eyes a little wider.

Ah alright, sorry to hear about the second bloke :frown:

If you find someone who respects your views, you will find the right guy for sure.

It’s okay 🤕

If he waits then I know he loves me and values me.
Reply 18
I’m a Christian, so there may be certain things you wouldn’t agree with that I mention.

Pre-martial sex weakens trust in a relationship. Trust is a key ingredient for marriage. It breaks trust because how do you know that person is committed to you for life out side marriage?

Pre-marital sex steals the joy and connection of a dating relationship. You want to know your partner very well without the physical side like do you guys connect emotionally, mentally etc. Sex is a powerful thing and in the bible it says once you have sex with that person you become one and you form a soul tie. And a soul tie is ‘spiritual/emotional connection you have to someone after being intimate with them, this happens through sexual intercourse.’ So You don’t want to be having this connection with just anyone because then it hard to let go and in a marriage you know that person has made an agreement to stay with you for life so that soul tie will benefit your marriage.

But with a relationship that person can leave anytime because the don’t have a secure commitment with you and a soul tie is hard to get rid of to the point that when you want to be rid of them from your mind and your life, even when you are far away from them and out of their prescence you still feel as if they are apart of you and apart of you is with them that’s why people find it hard to let go on move on.

Marriage is a covenant that is blessed. The bible encourages us to flee from sexual immoralities and marriage brings you closer to God when you decide to get married it’s in the eyes of God and in the bible it says ‘Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.’ so it’s important that we don’t just give ourselves to anyone because we’re worthy and our bodies belong to Christ and when you get married it then belongs to your husband or wife.

You want to make sure your relationship is strong without sex because sex will not keep someone. You need to make sure the person is right for you before giving yourself

People think waiting can only happen if you’re a virgin but that’s not true.

if you are christian you know that the bride to marry in the church need to folow the rules of christianism, if the bride is virgin will be white dress, if not will be pearl colour, so everyone will know shes not virgin anymore. if the intention is to respect the future husband youre doing a beautifull thing, but anyway you need to think about every possibility for your future, if by the chance you marry the wrong guy believe me the impact on you will be much worst.

its only my opinion not an advice, only possibilities

Need some advice

I’m the same age as you but I’m a guy.
I would wait for someone until they are ready since I see a connection at it strongest when two people are able to respect and understand each other.
I’m sure you will find plenty of guys like that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending