The Student Room Group

Trump may drop out of 2020 race

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Daveological
Not as much as you might think, especially as he essentially did nothing to calm the unrest.

He exacerbated it. Meanwhile, Dems have won a political victory with the road to police reform while the cultural power balance tilts even more in favour of liberals and the left.
Original post by imlikeahermit
Hogwash. This post may age badly, but I really can't see him losing.

I'm not a supporter by the way, just not a democrat.

It is difficult to claim he has a silent majority when the majority vote for Clinton in the last election. The difference with the upcoming election is Biden does not evoke the anger in some that Clinton did. Few people will vote for Trump out of a dislike of Biden which puts Trump at a disadvantage.

Original post by imlikeahermit
Why not? His handing of Covid has been disastrous and is still so, but it's been overshadowed by the events in Minneapolis and neighbouring states, all democratic states. I would assume, just an assumption, no footing however admittedly, that that won't have been missed by middle of the road voters.

All the polling data suggests that most Americans believe Trump has handled the response BLM badly. For the first time Republicans are starting to get nervous. Even Fox News has been running reports critical of Trump.

The Tulsa rally was an attempt to kick off his campaign and prove his detractors wrong. Only barely anyone turned up and it turned into a PR disaster. It is a useful barometer of the direction Trump is heading.
(edited 3 years ago)
As for Trump dropping out, I doubt it will happen.

It is not just about Trump winning another term. It is about him surviving.

The moment Trump loses, his political allies will ditch him, his wife will divorce him and he will be up to his neck in legal problems.
Lool, knowing Trump’s ego, that won’t happen.

Joe Biden is a vegetable; can’t see him having the ability to preside.

**** candidates really...
Reply 24
Original post by Kitten in boots
As for Trump dropping out, I doubt it will happen.

It is not just about Trump winning another term. It is about him surviving.

The moment Trump loses, his political allies will ditch him, his wife will divorce him and he will be up to his neck in legal problems.

Unfortunately, if that happens, then another consequence is his band of loyal bootlickers likely rioting with guns :lol:
Reply 25
Original post by Napp
Unfortunately, if that happens, then another consequence is his band of loyal bootlickers likely rioting with guns :lol:

That's when Biden can actually invoke the Insurrection Act.
Reply 26
Original post by Ascend
That's when Biden can actually invoke the Insurrection Act.

I would be rather interested to see that play out :lol:
Reply 27
Original post by Napp
I would be rather interested to see that play out :lol:

The sight of a bunch of Bubbas going against a $600 billion funded army.

Reply 28
Original post by Ascend
The sight of a bunch of Bubbas going against a $600 billion funded army.

Could be interesting :lol: Although, in fairness, as far as optics go the army using any of their kit on civilians (least of all the fun stuff) would be... problematic aha
Original post by Napp

I actually doubt that - and if it does happen, it'll be relatively brief. Old middle-class folks in rural areas aren't really the kind of people who sustain riots and insurrections.
Reply 30
Trump refuses to commit to accepting election result as Biden enjoys poll lead

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/19/trump-joe-biden-coronavirus-polls

In an interview with Fox News Sunday recorded at the White House on Friday, Trump said “I’m not losing, because those are fake polls” and refused to say if he would accept the result if Biden won in November.

“I have to see,” Trump said. “I have to see. No, I’m not going to just say yes. I’m not going to say no, and I didn’t last time either.”
It’s going to be a very, very interesting and sleepless night in November.

I will be up all night with a box of Corana beers and salted caramel popcorn.

I will be on Discord too with multiple news feed on.
Original post by Ascend
Trump refuses to commit to accepting election result as Biden enjoys poll lead

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/19/trump-joe-biden-coronavirus-polls

He reacted the very same way in 2016.

Are they doing any live debates, because they’ll be very entertaining.
He really won't drop out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending