The Student Room Group

A level decision HELP PLEASEE

Hi. Im in year 11 going into year 12. I chose biology and chemistry so far. For my 3rd subject, what should i do:Psychology or Sociology? Which is harder and which do u have to write more in on the tests?
Original post by bobby645647
Hi. Im in year 11 going into year 12. I chose biology and chemistry so far. For my 3rd subject, what should i do:Psychology or Sociology? Which is harder and which do u have to write more in on the tests?

I would suggest that you look on the exam board website at the specimen and past papers to get a feel for the amount of writing.

not sure about how much you have to write in tests but I think psychology is harder, you have to remember more theories. But I mean that as a good thing, sociology isn't respected and has a bad reputation because of how easy it is. Apart from that, find which one you enjoy, a lot of people either love those subjects or find them boring and drop them. If I were to pick one I'd pick Psychology. Only thing is, those two subjects especially psychology are becoming so popular literally everyone is taking them and they aren't really respected much by unis. But also, you're taking biology and chemistry which are hard and really respected and facilitating so it doesn't really matter if you take a non-facilitating third subject
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
I would suggest that you look on the exam board website at the specimen and past papers to get a feel for the amount of writing.

I did and i still have no clue which ones easier
I did and i still have no clue which ones easier

Read the spec - which one sounds more interesting? 'Easy' is very subjective ...
psychology and sociology are seen as similar in levels of difficulty. i did a level psychology and didn't struggle to understand the content, it's the amount of content you have to remember which is probably the most difficult part of the subject. both are essay based/have extended writing questions and it'll depend on the exam board the amount you have to write though i believe sociology has longer mark questions. both would also probably demand regular revision throughout the year to ensure content remains fresh in your mind. pick the subject which interests you the most.

Quick Reply

Latest