The Student Room Group

Did TSR help you get your uni place?

Results Day, and the possibility and reality of Clearing can be a pretty daunting prospect sometimes. Here at The Student Room, we hope to be able to provide a neutral space where you can come and get answers during this whirlwind of a time in the academic calendar!

Did you use The Student Room in the last few years during Results and Clearing? If so, did anything on TSR help you get a place at uni? Maybe you spoke to one of our wonderful volunteers or Official Reps, or signed up for our Clearing alerts, or just found others who had been in your position before.

Do you have any feedback for anything else we could do to support current students who are awaiting results for uni spaces? Is there anything that would have helped you, or you can imagine being useful this year to current students going through the process?

We'd love to hear your stories about how we here at TSR have helped past students, and can help current and future students with their ambitions of going to uni :biggrin:
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Results Day, and the possibility and reality of Clearing can be a pretty daunting prospect sometimes. Here at The Student Room, we hope to be able to provide a neutral space where you can come and get answers during this whirlwind of a time in the academic calendar!

Did you use The Student Room in the last few years during Results and Clearing? If so, did anything on TSR help you get a place at uni? Maybe you spoke to one of our wonderful volunteers or Official Reps, or signed up for our Clearing alerts, or just found others who had been in your position before.

Do you have any feedback for anything else we could do to support current students who are awaiting results for uni spaces? Is there anything that would have helped you, or you can imagine being useful this year to current students going through the process?

We'd love to hear your stories about how we here at TSR have helped past students, and can help current and future students with their ambitions of going to uni :biggrin:

I applied to uni in 2016, but TSR was very helpful even back then. I am one who worries extremely easy and the community here was always so friendly, and it was good to have people to chat to late night before Results day and indeed the weeks leading up to it. I also had a last minute change of mind regarding which university, and put myself into Clearing, and TSR helped me through that process. TSR has also helped me this year whilst applying to postgrad. Seriously though, I am fairly sure I would have gone insane back in 2016 without this place :tongue:

hi Edmin :tongue:

I would say TSR definitely reassured and helped me get through a very stressful process. I asked a few opinions to people in the office and eventually was really happy with my choice. I'm in my 3rd year of 4 now and having a great time :smile: I particularly loved the fact that although I could only get onto the BSc course in clearing, my Uni grades have been so good that it was easy to transfer onto the MChem. I've already forward tracked a few master's level modules already and am excited to do even more research next year pending covid-19 restrictions ofc :borat:
People I knew on TSR at certain unis certainly shaped which unis I looked into more and ultimately my choices.
And the PS review service did a far better job of reviewing my PS than my sixth form tutor did too!
Reply 6
Partially, I guess. If I didn't have the opportunity to become a Community Assistant for Study Help and now a Study Forum Helper, I wouldn't have known as much as UCAS as I do now. I'm particularly grateful to @CheeseIsVeg and Hannah (a former TSR staff) who gave me invaluable advice about how Clearing work (was planning for Plan B just in case!) and especially Hannah who supported me during A-Level results day last year. :smile:

Quick Reply