The Student Room Group

I think I just got disqualified from the IOC for arriving late

I think I just got disqualified from the IOC for arriving late,I was unaware of the zoom links and arrived 10min late. they told me they would have to ask stuff to the IB on how to proceed what do I do now???

Edit: My situation was due to confusion, I was waiting 2 hours before to enter to my exam as I was revising my texts, I decided to join the first link where I found myself with both another student and the teacher/examiner, immediately I decide to leave to avoid interruption, this was exactly at the time I was to start my exam, then I asked for help to other schoolmates who were confused as well of my situation. I finally found the link and they said I wouldn't be able to take the exam

something that got me confused aswell is that the examiner/teacher used the same zoom link for regular lessons and there was no waiting room which could have ended on a interruption of someone's exam
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Imdonewithib
I think I just got disqualified from the IOC for arriving late,I was unaware of the zoom links and arrived 10min late. they told me they would have to ask stuff to the IB on how to proceed what do I do now???

Presumably you completed? Out of your hands after.
Original post by 999tigger
Presumably you completed? Out of your hands after.

They didn't let me take the exam

Not sure how it works for IOC as I assume you have a scheduled slot? I believe the rule for IB exams is first 60 mins they have discretion to say no and after 60 mins they must say no.

Perhaps talk to your school or exam officer.

Its normla to get to an exam and know the time at least 15 mins before start.
You might as well try and appeal as nothing to lose.
Reply 4

Might this cover what occurred?

Internet outages or technical issues during remote oral assessments
For oral assessments being conducted over Skype (or similar), it is recommended that an
external recording device is used. If technical or internet difficulties occur, the recording can
be paused and restarted when the issue is resolved. If a recording is paused, the teacher
should explain the reason (on the recording) after restarting. Should internet outages or
technical issues mean that the oral assessment cannot continue, it must be rescheduled to
a later date. In this case, please ensure that a new assessment is given to the candidate(s)
concerned.
Reply 5
You was unaware of the zoom links, but you find out 10 minutes after? What was the real reason you was late?
I have little sympathy for lateness. A painful lesson but hopefully one you will have learnt from. It's not as if you had to travel anywhere.

Original post by Xarao
You was unaware of the zoom links, but you find out 10 minutes after? What was the real reason you was late?

My situation was due to confusion, I was waiting 2 hours before to enter to my exam as I was revising my texts, I decided to join the first link where I found myself with both another student and the teacher/examiner, immediately I decide to leave to avoid interruption, this was exactly at the time I was to start my exam, then I asked for help to other schoolmates who were confused as well of my situation. I finally found the link and they said I wouldn't be able to take the exam
Reply 8
My situation was due to confusion, I was waiting 2 hours before to enter to my exam as I was revising my texts, I decided to join the first link where I found myself with both another student and the teacher/examiner, immediately I decide to leave to avoid interruption, this was exactly at the time I was to start my exam, then I asked for help to other schoolmates who were confused as well of my situation. I finally found the link and they said I wouldn't be able to take the exam

How did you "finally find the link"? What you're saying is, that it was available all this time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending