The Student Room Group

why do you hate kpop?

don't take me wrong i'm not saying that everyone has to love kpop or anything obviously everyone has their own music tastes so it's alright to dislike it but I've seen so many people not even listen to a song or just look at their faces and start hating it for no reason so i'm just genuinely confused as to why, is it because they're Asian or what?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Kinder Bueno
I don't dislike it, I do not listen to it.

yeah that's fine of course since everyone has their own tastes but some people who haven't even heard it just start hating on it.
i love kpop but i just ignore he haters
Reply 3
Just let the haters hate, they are not good at anything else.

yeah that's true.
Yeah I've seen that a lot too and it's irritating. You can dislike it no one cares but hate? Why hate them unless they've personally hurt you. Also people using the language barrier and their feminine looks to hate on them especially in 2020 is just disappointing.
Original post by F.A.
don't take me wrong i'm not saying that everyone has to love kpop or anything obviously everyone has their own music tastes so it's alright to dislike it but I've seen so many people not even listen to a song or just look at their faces and start hating it for no reason so i'm just genuinely confused as to why, is it because they're Asian or what?

I just hate pop in general. It appeals to teenage girls.
Reply 6
Original post by Mad_Dog_Graveson
I just hate pop in general. It appeals to teenage girls.

i mean it's fine if it's not your taste but i disagree with you saying it only appeals teenage girls, i know a lot of adult women and men who like it.
Original post by F.A.
i mean it's fine if it's not your taste but i disagree with you saying it only appeals teenage girls, i know a lot of adult women and men who like it.

With the adult women who like it, they probably need to grow up, and with men who like it... they probably bat for the other team
That's *******s, I prefer Rock though.

Same, I also prefer rock
Reply 9
because it's kind of amusing how kpop fans love to idolise these people as if they are some kind of demi gods,its frankly annoying having there sh!t shoved down the throats of everyone who doesn't listen to them but the main problem is how disgusting these agencies treat kpop stars

the agencies basically keep majority of the revenue and give the stars back peanuts for how much they actually make,they also forced insane schedules upon all there stars which many of the western stars don't get and this is purely to make sure there favourite kpop group stays on top.Majority of kpop fans are teenagers and even kids who do not understand how much they are used.

The worse thing about there fans however is how plain and frankly stupid a lot of fans are , these kpop stans straight up "gassed" racist twitter hashtags (that were never going to trend in the first place) to the point that the trending section was full of these racial hashtags.

making a hashtag that was never going to trend,trend. Makes you look like a idiot.
I don't dislike it, I do not listen to it.

Then why comment?
I dont hate kpop but i do find it a bit cringe. Also, the fandom is annoying, just look on twitter.
Am i the only one who doesn't have an foggy idea od what kpop is!?
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I dont hate kpop but i do find it a bit cringe. Also, the fandom is annoying, just look on twitter.

Exactly. don’t hate Kpop, I just don’t listen to it because I’m not interested in it. I do think people probably hate the fans more than the music because so many of the people who like it seem to be absolute raving mental cases.

Although every form of entertainment has people who are radicalised to the point of extremism over it. The WWE vs AEW wars on Twitter are just as bleeding insufferable as the Kpop stans. :laugh:
Reply 14
Original post by 1secondsofvamps

ik me as a big fan gets annoyed of many of the kpop fans on twitter who spam fancams everywher but i mean every fandom has its bad parts. in kpop i feel like there are a lot of immature fans and even though they're the minority they are the louder ones.
Reply 15
Original post by Kk1999
Am i the only one who doesn't have an foggy idea od what kpop is!?

it's just korean pop music
Reply 16
Original post by Mad_Dog_Graveson
With the adult women who like it, they probably need to grow up, and with men who like it... they probably bat for the other team

i feel like when you think of kpop you think of something thats all cutesy and stuff but within kpop they're are many genres like rap, it depends on which group you listen to.
Reply 17
Like a previous post said, their fandom is cringey. Ie those who watch every single live-stream, buy every single trinket, etc. It seems to become more of an obsession with these artists, rather than just a fan.
Nothing against these people, its just a bit odd to me. I also dont think their music is really that good.
guys its just your preference idc if you dont like kpop just dont hate on the artists because you wouldnt like us sayig that about your fav artsts
I think one of the key reasons why people hate kpop is ignorance.

They see one kpop group, let's say BTS, and they don't like a BTS song they've just heard or they don't like the look of BTS and they then conclude that the entire genre of kpop must be like that and decide that they don't like kpop.

Kpop is a very diverse genre and to say that you hate an entire genre of music because you dislike one artist is something that I struggle to grasp an understanding of.

Latest