The Student Room Group

Head Girl Application Letter Final Draft

Hellooo,
So this is my final draft of my Head Girl application which is due in on Tuesday. Does anyone have any tips or further advice that they could offer me? It would be really appreciated :smile:

Dear________,

Please accept this letter as an expression of my wishes to become Head Girl at _______. I have thought long and hard about the possibility of becoming a representative of our school and I believe that I possess the qualities and drive required to really make a positive impact on my peers should I be given the chance.

I consider the role of Head Girl to be of great importance to our school as she has to inspire and motivate each student to become the best versions of themselves that they can possibly be. She also has to be able to support and encourage every student within the school,whether that be helping a year 7 bridge the gap between primary school and secondary school to advising a year 9 on what options they may or may not want to choose. The role of Head Girl is crucial. It is a role that requires patience, the ability to work well in a team and a drive to make every student's school life more comfortable and enjoyable.

My passions lay in Drama and the Performing Arts which I believe would greatly aid me when preparing and presenting assemblies as well as conversing confidently with parents during open evenings. I also possess a love of English Literature and Language, the former being a subject which I plan on continuing during college. I have an incredibly strong work ethic, a factor which has only been strengthened due to my past academic year at __________. Throughout this past year our school has taught me resilience,responsibility and the importance of communication. All of these attributes combined has shaped me into what I believe is a well rounded student with 100% Attendance and Punctuality. I highly value and thoroughly enjoy my education, and this is the view I strive to make the younger years of our school understand and hold dearly. I believe that to fully appreciate education and the opportunities which come with it, you have to enjoy school. You have to enjoy and be willing to learn. You have to be willing to better yourself. School shouldn't be viewed as an obligation but rather a stepping stone in the grand scheme of your future. If I am selected to become Head Girl of our school I will actively encourage students to enjoy their time here which in turn will lead to them receiving better grades and above all, it shapes them into hard working and level headed citizens ready to take on college, apprenticeships, university and the working world.

As Head Girl, I would make it my personal goal to ensure that a yearly dramatic performance is conducted by the students from all year groups as many students that I have spoken with have displayed a genuine interest in the idea. Students taking Dance and Art could also become involved in the performance through choreography and set design. If this idea were to come to fruition, I truly believe that it would heighten the sense of community and help build essential team working skills throughout the year groups. Although, I also appreciate that despite a general interest has been displayed by my fellow students about this idea, not everyone will completely enthralled by this concept. I believe that it is vital to encourage a diverse range of subjects so I would be entirely open to ideas from other students who have different interests as to how they could gain the opportunities to express their strengths. I would also help to organise more local educational field trips to free or inexpensive venues for each of the departments providing that a general interest is displayed by my peers. Funding for these ideas could be achieved through fund-raising as well as ticket sales for the yearly performance.

During my short time at _________ I have done my best to support our school, staff and my fellow students. Earlier this past academic year I have helped out during Year 11's parent evening which involved organising their grade results and coordinating them into the English Master Class. I have also helped during assemblies with performances,the most recent being performed to year groups 7, 8, 9, 10 which expresses the importance of saving money. To accomplish this performance I had to re-write a script in my own time and then learn it during the school half-term. Earlier this year, I partook in World Book Day by dressing up as one of my many favourite book characters to promote the importance of reading as well as donating money to various tutor groups in aid of a more diverse range of books for the Library. I believe that I have shown a genuine enthusiasm for supporting our school this past year and I would like to continue to do so to an even higher extent once I continue my education into my final year at __________.

I am hard working, enthusiastic and approachable, but most importantly: I'm genuine. And it is that geniality that I aspire to use to improve our school and support the students within it.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter, it is greatly appreciated.

Yours Sincerely,
Reply 1
nice :wink:
were you successful all those years ago ?
Original post by misssobrien
were you successful all those years ago ?

yeah i want an update
Yeah the person who wrote this must be so much more Different now..

Latest