The Student Room Group

2021 Dental Admission UCAT questions

Hello!

This is my first thread and I apologize if this is in the wrong section, however, I am currently a grade 12 student in Canada looking to apply to undergraduate dental programmes in the UK. As of now, I am looking at Kings College London, Queen's University Belfast and the University of Birmingham.

I have recently scheduled my UCAT date for September and begun my process of studying, however, I do not know what scores I would need. Is there a range of scores that most dental programmes consider? Also, as for the preparation of the test, is the official UCAT website the best resource or are there other well-reputed resources that I am unaware of here in Canada?

Thank you in advance for any help and again I apologize if this is in the wrong section.
Reply 1
650 was the average score in 2019. Whilst it varies from year to year, anything above 650 puts you above the average student and a score above 700 would put you in an even stronger position. Make sure that you check how each uni you are applying to weighs the UCAT because for Kings, as an example, Situational judgment is a section they particularly consider. Also, how are you revising? , in terms of your time table. Are you doing a topic a day for a certain period of time and then mock exams/ or are you going straight into exam practice?.
Original post by ccmay
650 was the average score in 2019. Whilst it varies from year to year, anything above 650 puts you above the average student and a score above 700 would put you in an even stronger position. Make sure that you check how each uni you are applying to weighs the UCAT because for Kings, as an example, Situational judgment is a section they particularly consider. Also, how are you revising? , in terms of your time table. Are you doing a topic a day for a certain period of time and then mock exams/ or are you going straight into exam practice?.

Thank you for the info. As of now, I haven't really created a studying strategy, all I've done is the 'tour' on the UCAT website to understand the types of questions I will see. Is there a specific way you suggest studying for the test?

Quick Reply

Latest