The Student Room Group

I want to convert from Islam to Judaism

Without telling my parents or my community, I want to convert to Judaism. How can I do that? What is the process?

Also, just to know and not that it will change anything about my decision: what is more prevalent islamophobia or anti-semitism?

Scroll to see replies

May i ask why you would like to convert? Just interested 🙂
Original post by Anonymous
Without telling my parents or my community, I want to convert to Judaism. How can I do that? What is the process?

Also, just to know and not that it will change anything about my decision: what is more prevalent islamophobia or anti-semitism?

So my advice to you would be the same advice I would give a Jew contemplating conversion to another faith. Before you reject your own heritage and path to God for a Jewish one, take the time to explore your own. Start practising Islamic rituals, study Islamic sacred text and try to situate yourself within your own rich religious traditions.
If after all that you still find yourself irresistibly drawn towards Judaism, it is your right to follow that path. Just try to understand your parents’ likely reaction and make every effort to treat them with the utmost respect.
Reply 3
May i ask why you would like to convert? Just interested 🙂

Because Judaism is the first Abrahamic religion and God makes no mistakes. There was no sense in having subsequent religions.
Reply 4
So my advice to you would be the same advice I would give a Jew contemplating conversion to another faith. Before you reject your own heritage and path to God for a Jewish one, take the time to explore your own. Start practising Islamic rituals, study Islamic sacred text and try to situate yourself within your own rich religious traditions.
If after all that you still find yourself irresistibly drawn towards Judaism, it is your right to follow that path. Just try to understand your parents’ likely reaction and make every effort to treat them with the utmost respect.

I have been resistant to Islam since as long as I can remember. There's no point now.
I have been resistant to Islam since as long as I can remember. There's no point now.

Your choice.
Because Judaism is the first Abrahamic religion and God makes no mistakes. There was no sense in having subsequent religions.

If that is your reasoning, I think you should dwell on it more. You seem very closed-minded and unwilling to research other options, so I doubt you'll listen to this piece of advice. Good luck with that mate.
Reply 7
If that is your reasoning, I think you should dwell on it more. You seem very closed-minded and unwilling to research other options, so I doubt you'll listen to this piece of advice. Good luck with that mate.

What is your advice? I take everything into consideration.

Well I agree but if you read their scripture, you'll see that Abraham himself has foretold of a messenger to arrive.
azoo billah brother , why you will be humiliated and rejected
Well I agree but if you read their scripture, you'll see that Abraham himself has foretold of a messenger to arrive.

Where?
azoo billah brother , why you will be humiliated and rejected

Rejected by who?
Where?

Rejected by who?

by the Jews of course, do you really think they accept muslims

just a question , is your mother jewish
Good luck with that!
Rejected by who?

well your question to where says you haven't done any research. But its my duty to help you.

https://www.withprophet.com/en/prophet-muhammad-in-the-torah

Have you spoken to a rabbi, or even just a Jewish friend? Ideally, you need to do a lot of research - what denomination do you want to convert into, for example? Are you ready to make the commitment to conversion if you can't be open about it with those closest to you? Do you know what you're getting yourself into - conversion can take years!

Have a look here https://www.myjewishlearning.com/, and here https://www.chabad.org/, and learn more before you even commit to speaking to a rabbi - saying "Judaism is the first Abrahamic religion and God makes no mistakes" doesn't sound like a deep commitment to Jewish identity, faith, and culture to me, although I may be wrong. And many Jews will argue for hours about whether G-d has made mistakes :tongue:

Good luck, and I hope you find the path you want to go down, Baruch Hashem :smile:
What is your advice? I take everything into consideration.

If your only reasoning is that Judaism is the first Abrahamic religion and that's why Judaism is the choice for you, I feel you need to research a bit more. I actually go to a Jewish school so, although I am not Jewish, I know a great deal about and respect the religion greatly. I know about all the festivals, the history of the religion, religious views, etc. Judaism has a lot of similarities with Islam actually and most of the basic principles are the same so if you don't even agree with those aspects in Islam, why would you change your mind and feel differently if it's Judaism? That's what I don't understand about your situation. I have nothing against Judaism, I think it's a fascinating religion but I don't understand why you want to convert to it from Islam when their beliefs are really similar.
are you out of your mind? Jews do not want muslims to convert and wont let you anyway, unless your father or mother is already jew
Original post by kadija19291
are you out of your mind? Jews do not want muslims to convert and wont let you anyway, unless your father or mother is already jew

Really? Why? So no one can ever become a Jew unless they have Jewish family? Or only Muslims? Why?
by the Jews of course, do you really think they accept muslims

just a question , is your mother jewish

Really? Why is that? Can Christians become Jews? Or you have to be born Jew to become Jew?

if you're going that route, Abraham believed in prophets before him too. You should just search for the oldest religion. Plus why does having subsequent religions mean mistakes are being made? Sure it seems safest to pick judaism, because islam and christianity support it as an older correct message, but as someone else said, both judaism and christianity also mention to a final messenger

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending