The Student Room Group

Why have my required A level grades randomly changed yesterday!!!!

My insurance Sheffield changed my entry requirements from AAB to ABB!!!!!

I got this as a UCAS update!!

Is it because with this new gov system we are all going to get lower grades on average??
Rather more likely that they have seen the numbers of applicants now that everyone has confirmed their choices, and then had a think about what they would be prepared to offer on and decided to formalise that now rather than wait till results week.
Original post by Lemonsandlemons
My insurance Sheffield changed my entry requirements from AAB to ABB!!!!!

I got this as a UCAS update!!

Is it because with this new gov system we are all going to get lower grades on average??

The universities do not know applicants' grades yet so it is impossible for them to act on that basis. It's possible they missed a contextual offer, or had a low number of applicants to that course... only Sheffield know this. Don't try and read into it and just be happy that in the possibility you do miss grades, your insurance will be there for you even more so now :smile:
Original post by ReadingMum
Rather more likely that they have seen the numbers of applicants now that everyone has confirmed their choices, and then had a think about what they would be prepared to offer on and decided to formalise that now rather than wait till results week.

Almost definitely what has happened.
Reply 4
My son has firmed Sheffield and he has had his offer changed today from A*AA to AAA. All of his future flatmates have had a one grade reduction in the last 24 hours too.
Bums need to be on (socially-distanced) seats come September.
Sounds more like desperation than randomisation.
Original post by ageshallnot
Sounds more like desperation than randomisation.

This kind of thing is going to happen more and more this year with universities trying to fill spaces. As we know nearly all universities accept dropped grades anyway.
Im an applicant and im in a group chat with other applicants on the same course as me, someone on there said earlier today their offer went from AAA to AAB. Just checked mine and it hasn't changed as of yet. By the sounds of things they dont have as many people as they want too.
Original post by chrismanning0711
Im an applicant and im in a group chat with other applicants on the same course as me, someone on there said earlier today their offer went from AAA to AAB. Just checked mine and it hasn't changed as of yet. By the sounds of things they dont have as many people as they want too.

It may well depend on the course so if you have applied for a more competive course, it is possible your offer won't go down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending