The Student Room Group

Take an adventure with Hazelly!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chronoscope
Ooh very nice :awesome: idk about medical books but
would definitely recommend The Hunger Games and the Percy Jackson series if you haven't already read them :smile: (Percy Jackson I would say is definitely more lighthearted compared to Hunger Games though :yep: )

I've read The Hunger Games and really enjoyed it :biggrin: I'll look at the Percy Jackson series, I don't think I've heard of those books before.

Original post by Anonymous
@babyshark They like to answer these questions.

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean here?

Original post by Joleee
@Hazelly can i get to know you?:muse: :king1:

that's awesome you have your surgery scheduled - i know it's going to go amazing! really want to see your paint by numbers of a giraffe, i'm so not kidding i used to love that stuff :biggrin:

Of course, I'd love to! :woo:

Thank you, I'm just updating my blog update for today. A photo will be up very soon :wink: Do you have any of your paint by numbers artwork still? It would be cool to see some if you're comfortable in showing :tongue:
@babyshark They like to answer these questions.

hi! im confused on what the questions are? :smile:
Original post by babyshark
hi! im confused on what the questions are? :smile:

The 14-day lock-down before major surgery.
The 14-day lock-down before major surgery.

yes but there are no questions. it is a blog??

To the OP - I hope your surgery goes well❤️

I thought it was a question, sorry for tagging you.
I thought it was a question, sorry for tagging you.

no worries! thank you for thinking of me to tag :smile:

Day 1 in the lockdown house:

2nd of July 2020

Today I and my family received a food delivery order now that we cannot go to a click and collect (which is something we would usually do!). I think as a family we cleaned the products a little bit too much, but at least it’s clean now just the house is smelling very clean.. :tongue:

I did some exercise in the garden for about thirty minutes, though I think 99% of the time I was winding my dog up as she’s like a cat with ‘shadowing’ to the light reflection from the windows :laugh: Does anyone else’s dog/animal do this? Mine goes crazy and thinks that if she barks at the shadow it will disappear! :facepalm:

I’ve also been doing some more of my paint by numbers of the giraffe, this is what it’s looking like so far. It’s certainly a work in progress but I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get it smashed in the next two weeks :biggrin: (P.S. Hopefully the photo loads okay, as it's been quite difficult to upload it as I'm awful at using IT!!).

Plans for tomorrow:

Attempting to make a lemon drizzle cake - my baking skills are terrible so wish me luck :crossedf:

-

Complete another colour on the giraffe, there's seventeen in total

-

Possibly buy some lounging around clothes online for after surgery so I'm not always in PJs as I have a habit of staying in my PJs all day! :rolleyes: What does :tsr2: suggest as a good online company to buy joggers and loose jumpers from?
--

To end this update each day I’ll do a Question for the day and anyone can answer below!

Question: What is everyone’s favourite film?

Answer for me: I love rocketman :banana2:

I hope you all have a good day :h:

Tag list:

Spoiler

Original post by Hazelly

Day 1 in the lockdown house:

2nd of July 2020

Today I and my family received a food delivery order now that we cannot go to a click and collect (which is something we would usually do!). I think as a family we cleaned the products a little bit too much, but at least it’s clean now just the house is smelling very clean.. :tongue:

I did some exercise in the garden for about thirty minutes, though I think 99% of the time I was winding my dog up as she’s like a cat with ‘shadowing’ to the light reflection from the windows :laugh: Does anyone else’s dog/animal do this? Mine goes crazy and thinks that if she barks at the shadow it will disappear! :facepalm:

I’ve also been doing some more of my paint by numbers of the giraffe, this is what it’s looking like so far. It’s certainly a work in progress but I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get it smashed in the next two weeks :biggrin: (P.S. Hopefully the photo loads okay, as it's been quite difficult to upload it as I'm awful at using IT!!).

Plans for tomorrow:

Attempting to make a lemon drizzle cake - my baking skills are terrible so wish me luck :crossedf:

-

Complete another colour on the giraffe, there's seventeen in total

-

Possibly buy some lounging around clothes online for after surgery so I'm not always in PJs as I have a habit of staying in my PJs all day! :rolleyes: What does :tsr2: suggest as a good online company to buy joggers and loose jumpers from?
--

To end this update each day I’ll do a Question for the day and anyone can answer below!

Question: What is everyone’s favourite film?

Answer for me: I love rocketman :banana2:

I hope you all have a good day :h:

Tag list:

Spoiler

I get my lounge clothes from ASOS. :tongue:
Dogs are mad :lol: mine would have done the exact same when she was a bit younger. Now she'll just watch you from a safe distance like weird human...

Have you ever tried colour by number apps on your phone? I've got really into them recently. They'll be a good one for recovering from surgery as you can dip in and out of it etc. I did this one a few minutes ago.
Ooh lemon drizzle, yummy. :drool: I love anything lemon. Hope it turns out good!

No clothes suggestions unfortunately as I haven't worn joggers since year 9 PE :colondollar:

My favourite film is Life As We Know It. Funny but with a lovely story :^_^:

Thank you :h:
Original post by Pathway
I get my lounge clothes from ASOS. :tongue:

I'll have a look there thanks :biggrin:

Original post by furryface12
Dogs are mad :lol: mine would have done the exact same when she was a bit younger. Now she'll just watch you from a safe distance like weird human...

Have you ever tried colour by number apps on your phone? I've got really into them recently. They'll be a good one for recovering from surgery as you can dip in and out of it etc. I did this one a few minutes ago.

I agree haha. Aww how old is your dog? Mine is going to be eleven in December and she still acts like a puppy most of the time :lol:

I haven't tried that no, is the app free? Yours looks really cool, I love it :h:

Original post by DrawTheLine
Ooh lemon drizzle, yummy. :drool: I love anything lemon. Hope it turns out good!

No clothes suggestions unfortunately as I haven't worn joggers since year 9 PE :colondollar:

My favourite film is Life As We Know It. Funny but with a lovely story :^_^:

Same here! I love to suck all the juice out of lemons even with a sour face, am I the only one? :laugh:

I just watched the trailer to Life As We Know It and it looks so good, going to add that to my viewing list :tongue:
Hope your surgery goes well Hazelly :hugs:

If you can’t get the pictures to work, if you have a Pinterest account, you could create a private board and upload them there, then copy the image link and put it between [img] tags, e.g. [img ]the link goes here[/img ] (without the spaces) and the picture should show up! :smile:

Also, lemon drizzle cake :drool:
Good luck for your surgery. They DO know what they are doing - which is a relief.

How about picking up a few words of another language. Always useful for when you go on the holidays that we will soon be going on!
[quote="laurawatt;89614818"]Hope your surgery goes well Hazelly :hugs:

If you can’t get the pictures to work, if you have a Pinterest account, you could create a private board and upload them there, then copy the image link and put it between
Thank you :smile:

I'll try that next time, did the photo load okay above? I was trying to get it to load in the middle of the chat/message but it wouldn't work too well.

I think lemon drizzle cake is the best type! (or a chocolate one :teehee:)

Original post by squeakysquirrel
Good luck for your surgery. They DO know what they are doing - which is a relief.

How about picking up a few words of another language. Always useful for when you go on the holidays that we will soon be going on!

Thanks, and yes they do definitely do! I've been with this surgeon for the last five years so I've had countless surgeries with her and admissions. I am a little nervous as they've only done this surgery once, but surgery is surgery at the end of the day I suppose?

I haven't thought of doing that, it sounds quite fun. What language that's the question? :biggrin:
Original post by Hazelly
Thank you :smile:

I'll try that next time, did the photo load okay above? I was trying to get it to load in the middle of the chat/message but it wouldn't work too well.

I think lemon drizzle cake is the best type! (or a chocolate one :teehee:)

Thanks, and yes they do definitely do! I've been with this surgeon for the last five years so I've had countless surgeries with her and admissions. I am a little nervous as they've only done this surgery once, but surgery is surgery at the end of the day I suppose?

I haven't thought of doing that, it sounds quite fun. What language that's the question? :biggrin:

I work in cancer care and believe me they will have discussed your surgery and how they will do it countless times. You will be an "oddity" and I don't mean that in a bad way. Everyone will want to see the surgery. Always a good thing.

As for a language - where do you go on holiday - learn a few words - the locals always appreciate it. ( I can murder the French language but strangely enough after they have stopped laughing they are genuinely helpful)
Original post by squeakysquirrel
I work in cancer care and believe me they will have discussed your surgery and how they will do it countless times. You will be an "oddity" and I don't mean that in a bad way. Everyone will want to see the surgery. Always a good thing.

As for a language - where do you go on holiday - learn a few words - the locals always appreciate it. ( I can murder the French language but strangely enough after they have stopped laughing they are genuinely helpful)

To be honest, you're totally right, I received a letter from the surgeon in April just saying that that the surgery will be postponed till it's safer and there were three other surgeons CCed into it which I've seen before but never been CCed into a letter before!

I haven't travelled a lot yet :cool:, I've been to Florida and hoping to go to Hawaii at some point. I used to learn Spanish at school and I was honestly the worst, I think I embarrassed the Spanish teacher with how bad I was! :lol: (I ended up dropping out of Spanish GCSE :colondollar:)
Oooh that giraffe picture looks a treat! I look forward to seeing it progress bit by bit :moon:

Lemon drizzle cake :drool: (though chocolate is the best tbf :teehee: )

Hey, all the cool people hang around in PJs all day! :yep: Unbiased opinion obviously, coz I'm totally not still in PJs :ninja: :nah: :innocent:

Sending gentle hugs. As for favourite film, it's probably The Sound of Music :ahee: with Mamma Mia! and The History Boys as close runners-up :angel:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Oooh that giraffe picture looks a treat! I look forward to seeing it progress bit by bit :moon:

Lemon drizzle cake :drool: (though chocolate is the best tbf :teehee: )

Hey, all the cool people hang around in PJs all day! :yep: Unbiased opinion obviously, coz I'm totally not still in PJs :ninja: :nah: :innocent:

Sending gentle hugs. As for favourite film, it's probably The Sound of Music :ahee: with Mamma Mia! and The History Boys as close runners-up :angel:

:ta:

Both cakes are good! I agree chocolate cake would have to be the winner :wink:

That is very true with hanging around in PJs! I'm still in mine as well so it's fine :biggrin:

:grouphugs: Oooh Mamma Mia is such a good film :yep: I ironically watched Mamma Mia two last night, its a nice sing along too!
Original post by Hazelly
:ta:

Both cakes are good! I agree chocolate cake would have to be the winner :wink:

That is very true with hanging around in PJs! I'm still in mine as well so it's fine :biggrin:

:grouphugs: Oooh Mamma Mia is such a good film :yep: I ironically watched Mamma Mia two last night, its a nice sing along too!

Mamma Mia 2 is good, though

FILM SPOILER

Spoiler

What's your fave song from the second film? :biggrin:

Hope your day is going OK so far :penguinhug:

Quick Reply

Latest