Original post by JackDaniels23
Do you approve of change?

no

Original post by enuuiiii
Do you have aspergers or the other type

yes I have aspergers

Original post by AnonymousNoMore
Who isn't nowadays?

being autistic, I find this offensive because there are more without it than with it
when you start a new yoghurt do you lick the lid ?
i'm autistic as well. have you found yourself a gf/bf?
What sorts of difficulties does the autism create you?
Reply 8
Original post by the bear
when you start a new yoghurt do you lick the lid ?

no cause i don't eat yoghurt. I know wow

Original post by Vanessa Chuah
i'm autistic as well. have you found yourself a gf/bf?

no. Mainly because I'm aromantic and I don't want one

Original post by black tea
What sorts of difficulties does the autism create you?

fitting into crowds, joining conversations, understanding jokes. Eating is another one I struggle with
Is there anything that you think is good about having autism?
Can autism affect you academically? My sister has autism (aspengers) and she has a bad memory. I think that she may have dyspraxia and she said that autism is not a learning difficulty. She can work for a long time and stay focused, but she forgets everything. She is going to be tested for dyspraxia in August hopefully. Also, I have noticed that she walks quite fast and she smiles to herself a lot, is this a common symptom of autism? Sometimes, she does not realise that she is smiling to herself.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Euci
As the title says
AMA

Have you ever been discriminated against because of your autism?
Who isn't nowadays?

Please don't say this... Not everyone is autistic
Reply 13
would you consider yourself stereotypically autistic/do people pick up on it?
Reply 14
Do you have Asparagus?
Reply 15
Original post by black tea
Is there anything that you think is good about having autism?

umm. Yeah. I often have hobbies and interests that I could talk about for hours

Original post by anon5252
Can autism affect you academically? My sister has autism (aspengers) and she has a bad memory. I think that she may have dyspraxia and she said that autism is not a learning difficulty. She can work for a long time and stay focused, but she forgets everything. She is going to be tested for dyspraxia in August hopefully. Also, I have noticed that she walks quite fast and she smiles to herself a lot, is this a common symptom of autism? Sometimes, she does not realise that she is smiling to herself.

autism affects people in different ways. One factor of my autism is that I like to talk to myself more often than others do, so I can't say for certain
With regards to your first question, yes, people find that I am very good at maths and sciences

Original post by 1st superstar
Have you ever been discriminated against because of your autism?

as I said above, I talk to myself more than other people and that has caused bullying
Original post by Euci
umm. Yeah. I often have hobbies and interests that I could talk about for hours

autism affects people in different ways. One factor of my autism is that I like to talk to myself more often than others do, so I can't say for certain
With regards to your first question, yes, people find that I am very good at maths and sciences

as I said above, I talk to myself more than other people and that has caused bullying

I see
Reply 17
Original post by BrDy
would you consider yourself stereotypically autistic/do people pick up on it?

it depends on the scenario. If I am finding it stressful, then its a lot easier to see that I have autism. Other times I say I'm autistic and get a shocked response

Original post by 73iso
Do you have Asparagus?

I dunno. I'll have to ask cause I can't go and look cause I'm hooked up to a dialysis machine
Reply 18
Because it allows self victimisation and victimisation by society and gives people an excuse nt to be self sufficent and self responsible

just because I have the label of autism doesn't mean I'm not independant and self responsible. If we weren't in a quarantine and I wasn't in end stage renal failure, I'd be living on my own
Autism is just another way of seeing and navigating the world! I feel proud to have Asbergers as it allows me to see both the fine details and the bigger picture... truly wonderful! It can be difficult a lot of the time but you learn strategies to help you get through it! Anything is possible!
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest