Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by HackableYou
Want to know what it’s like?
Career advice ?
Ask away.

Do you create reports for shareholders?
What age were you once you made big money if you had? 50k
What is your favourite programming language?
What university did you go to?
Original post by Dagenham
Do you create reports for shareholders?

I create plenty of reports, yes - but not necessarily for shareholders
Original post by HelpAnonymous#2
What age were you once you made big money if you had? 50k
What is your favourite programming language?
What university did you go to?

Depends what you count as big money but I was mid 20s for around 50k

Myth busting here for you, not all cyber security involves programming so I don’t actually have a favourite language.

You can PM me for specifics but I went to an Ex poly in London.
Happy to keep answering if anyone has anything else they want to know!
What's the worst case you've had to deal with?
Original post by SuperiorPotato
What's the worst case you've had to deal with?

I don’t work for law enforcement but corporate cases, I’ve dealt with a lot of inappropriate content if you know what I mean.
I don’t work for law enforcement but corporate cases, I’ve dealt with a lot of inappropriate content if you know what I mean.

Ahh ok :biggrin:
Ahh ok :biggrin:

Are you looking to get into the field?
Are you looking to get into the field?

Oh no I want to be a doctor sorry :redface: I'm just interested that's all. So how do you exactly hack do you have a specific device for it or use some sort of code?
Oh no I want to be a doctor sorry :redface: I'm just interested that's all. So how do you exactly hack do you have a specific device for it or use some sort of code?

It’s nothing like the movies, hacking is very broad and believe it or not, most of it begins with bad passwords!
Hey, thanks for doing this thread

I have a slightly different question for you

I have to do a 1500 word essay and I was wondering if you have any ideas of what I could write about. I was thinking of basing it off cyber security
Any ideas?
(edited 3 years ago)
what are the bare minimum qualifications needed within this field for someone with no knowledge of programming languages?
Original post by Frose03
Hey, thanks for doing this thread

I have a slightly different question for you

I have to do a 1500 word essay and I was wondering if you have any ideas of what I could write about. I was thinking of basing it off cyber security
Any ideas?

Cyber security is so broad! Is there a specific area you’re interested in? Happy to help but a good essay will only work if you’re genuinely interested in that area!
Cyber security is so broad! Is there a specific area you’re interested in? Happy to help but a good essay will only work if you’re genuinely interested in that area!

Well I’m currently studying computer science in general so I’m not really educated that much on it. The only thing I’ve learn about it in some way is about what phishing and malware is etc. And the laws that have been put into place for example the copyright law and data protection act
Original post by polpo
what are the bare minimum qualifications needed within this field for someone with no knowledge of programming languages?

Qualifications are so up for discussion at the moment. My view is that all you’ll need is a real affinity for tech and a curiosity to learn. Some of my peers in the industry started with no qualifications at all. And one myth I’m very keen to bust is that programming is not a prerequisite. You need to have a good understanding but it’s not the absolute.
Qualifications are so up for discussion at the moment. My view is that all you’ll need is a real affinity for tech and a curiosity to learn. Some of my peers in the industry started with no qualifications at all. And one myth I’m very keen to bust is that programming is not a prerequisite. You need to have a good understanding but it’s not the absolute.

https://www.itgovernance.co.uk/shop/product/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh-training-course

Would the course above be worth it with regards to job prospects?

(I understand that you wouldn't be able to answer with 100% certainty; but just as a general gut feeling, what would you view be?)
Original post by Frose03
Well I’m currently studying computer science in general so I’m not really educated that much on it. The only thing I’ve learn about it in some way is about what phishing and malware is etc. And the laws that have been put into place for example the copyright law and data protection act

Data breaches are huge at the moment and a lot of these are caused by phishing. I would recommend keeping up to date on the latest cyber news and finding a subject that really interests you. Phishing emails are interesting and they’ve come such a long way in recent years so that could be a good place to start
Data breaches are huge at the moment and a lot of these are caused by phishing. I would recommend keeping up to date on the latest cyber news and finding a subject that really interests you. Phishing emails are interesting and they’ve come such a long way in recent years so that could be a good place to start

That’s a really good idea! However, I think my main struggle is trying to come up with an essay title that’s slightly condensed but very interesting

Thank you for the suggestion I really appreciate it! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest