The Student Room Group

How to find out your gender?

I'm questioning my gender and I really need help figuring it out.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Have you got a pipe or a hole?

A hole LMAO
Reply 2
I'm questioning my gender and I really need help figuring it out.

It’s absolutely normal to have your feelings about your gender or ways of expressing your gender change. We’re given such a simplistic way of look at gender on one side is man/masculine/penis-owner/loud/bowtie-wearer and on the other is woman/feminine/vagina-owner/demure/wears dresses! So how can we get inspiration for more vibrant and creative explorations of gender? A small first step is learning the meaning of different words related to gender. Here’s the thing about labels you get to decide how helpful they are to you. Knowing the meaning of words doesn’t mean you have to fit perfectly within one category, but it can help you find some spaces and community to explore. Maybe you want to explore some of these words butch, agender, genderqueer, gendernonconforming, transmasculine, transgender. Or maybe cisgender is something that you identify with being a woman doesn't have to mean being conventionally feminine. And even though masculinity is feeling really resonant for you right now, you might also find some inspiration in exploring different expressions of femininity or femme identities.
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/how-to-figure-out-gender-identity
Reply 3
Do you have a ****? If yes congrats, you are a man, if no, congrats, you are a woman!

No. I don't really feel like a man or a woman. I hate being adressed as a woman or man.
A hole LMAO

Then you're female.
Biologically, you're a woman.
Most transgender people will know that they're not the sex they were born as. It's not something they have to figure out, but it's something instinctive, that they were born in the wrong body.
You might not feel very feminine, but you're still a woman, and that's ok. With the rise of social media, a lot of young people are told that they should experiment with gender and sexuality, but you don't have to. It doesn't matter anyway.
https://switchboard.lgbt/
Strongly recommend using the advice services offered on this website. They have an online chat service or a phone service. Anon advice designed for lgbtq+ issues. Unfortunately TSR will be rampant with transphobia and so it's a safer space to talk about.
Reply 7
Y'all really don't know wtf gender and sex is i- I'mma dip
Reply 8
I am feminine, i just don't like being a girl. I feel like neither.
jk you should try to speak to a profession –– us lot aren't the best tbh –– sorry guys :redface:

Why do you need to label yourself? It's this toxic mindset that everyone needs to have labels that is making you stress out in the first place. Biologically you're a woman. But you can dress how you want, date who you want, do what you want. No one cares. Gender stereotypes are just socially enforced, they're not real. You don't have to follow any rules.
Y'all really don't know wtf gender and sex is i- I'mma dip

OP, people here won't care about the differences its horrible but they are heavily transphobic. Please consider the lgbt switchboard site I commented they can offer advice about gender identity or contact other help lines. I'm really sorry you are being met with this.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by physicsamor
OP, people here won't care about their differences its horrible but they are heavily transphobic. Please consider the lgbt switchboard site I commented they can offer advice about gender identity or contact other help lines. I'm really sorry you are being met with this.

OK, thank u :smile:

Perhaps you are non binary.

https://lgbt.foundation/who-we-help/trans-people/non-binary
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
Look at your genitals

I-
I realize what I have but that doesn't mean I feel female.
Be patient. Wait until the answer presents itself to you rather than actively looking for it. People who try to force an answer too quickly are those that end up backtracking later when they realise they made a mistake.
I-
I realize what I have but that doesn't mean I feel female.

Okay that's fine
You are a woman but you can pretend to be whatever you want to be

PRETEND?! Ok i'm done. You're transphobic
PRETEND?! Ok i'm done. You're transphobic

Ignore the a trolls :hugs:
What? You were born as a woman but you can identify as anything you want

:shoot:
jk lol

Quick Reply