The Student Room Group

BTEC'S and NatSci

Hi, I wanted to know if anyone who's completed a BTEC level 3 Applied science course can go on to do a Natural science course in Uni because some want a math A level to go with your BTEC grades.
Is there a way to do it without an A level math or a way around this ??
Original post by Lucy:lu
Hi, I wanted to know if anyone who's completed a BTEC level 3 Applied science course can go on to do a Natural science course in Uni because some want a math A level to go with your BTEC grades.
Is there a way to do it without an A level math or a way around this ??

Hi, I've just had a quick look and some universities don't specify any A-level requirement alongside a BTEC - such as this one. I know it might not be the case everywhere though.

One thing to note on the link above is that they consider these qualifications on a case by case basis, so even if it asks for an A-level, it might be worth enquiring with them anyway to see if they'd accept the BTEC on its own.

Out of curiosity, which universities are you considering? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by brainzistheword
Hi, I've just had a quick look and some universities don't specify any A-level requirement alongside a BTEC - such as this one. I know it might not be the case everywhere though.

One thing to note on the link above is that they consider these qualifications on a case by case basis, so even if it asks for an A-level, it might be worth enquiring with them anyway to see if they'd accept the BTEC on its own.

Out of curiosity, which universities are you considering? :smile:

University of bath and University of Exeter
Original post by Lucy:lu
University of bath and University of Exeter

Sorry I realise I missed the link off my original reply. The university I'd look at was Lancaster and I know it's definitely not the area you are looking, but the principle still applies. It's worth getting in touch with those universities and asking what they would consider in your specific situation. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending