The Student Room Group

Corbyn slander vs Boris

The media slandered him all the way up in till the elections and now he's being proven right. He proposed a 4 day working week and people made fun of him for it and now :

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-four-day-week-poll-rishi-sunak-corbyn-a9595201.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1593786223

He proposed free broadband and now Boris wants to set up free broadband for home schooling.
The money tree that was mentioned for Corbyn is not mentioned for Boris.

He supported human rights and Palestine and you all called him antisemitic.

Scroll to see replies

The Conservative supporting media are criticising Mr Johnson because he is a failure. If Mrs Thatcher, Mr Churchill or Mr Cameron were prime minister, do you think they would have been so slow to act over the pandemic. Not at all.

Mr Johnson has never delivered anything remotely successfully. We only had an agreement to leave the political institutions of the EU by the Conservative and Unionist party selling the Ulster Unionist cause down the river. The expensive loss making bike hire scheme in London was an idea of the Green Party, and I bet they could have managed it better.
Reply 2
Original post by barnetlad
The Conservative supporting media are criticising Mr Johnson because he is a failure. If Mrs Thatcher, Mr Churchill or Mr Cameron were prime minister, do you think they would have been so slow to act over the pandemic. Not at all.

Mr Johnson has never delivered anything remotely successfully. We only had an agreement to leave the political institutions of the EU by the Conservative and Unionist party selling the Ulster Unionist cause down the river. The expensive loss making bike hire scheme in London was an idea of the Green Party, and I bet they could have managed it better.

Yeah but that's because the UK voted for a Conservative prime minister who cared more about profit and the economy opposed to human lives. Other countries were ahead of us in terms or progression of the corona virus so Boris should have been more prepared. However instead he kept schools and work open way longer than he should've. The lockdown in the UK was way too lenient as well compared to other countries.
The sad reality is that much of Corbyn's policy's and pledges were popular with the electorate. Had the electorate voted solely based on policy I genuinely believe Labour would have won in 2017. Alas, in the day and age of the internet, 24/7 media coverage and the like, politics has become so personalised these days that actual substance doesn't count for much. As Trump and Vote Leave have taught us, all you need is a catchy slogan and a bit of charisma!
(edited 3 years ago)
Hmm, a poll of 2003 people most definitely sums up the mood of a nation that obviously supported Mr Corbyn so very resoundingly last December.
Or could this just be a ******** article by a ******** media outlet? Let's let the public decide.
What do you mean they did last year???
Seriously, when will you corbynites admit that you really are in the minority.
Quick edit, I guess you're clinging on to the one and only time that survation were the closest, 2017, when Corbynism was at it's peak, you know before the mask slipped.
Desperate times indeed.
Sorry to interrupt the Corbyn w**kfest.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by ColinDent
Hmm, a poll of 2003 people most definitely sums up the mood of a nation that obviously supported Mr Corbyn so very resoundingly last December.
Or could this just be a ******** article by a ******** media outlet? Let's let the public decide.
What do you mean they did last year???
Seriously, when will you corbynites admit that you really are in the minority.
Quick edit, I guess you're clinging on to the one and only time that survation were the closest, 2017, when Corbynism was at it's peak, you know before the mask slipped.
Desperate times indeed.
Sorry to interrupt the Corbyn w**kfest.

Who hurt you?
Original post by Aloveraa
Who hurt you?

No one, just putting some context into the thread.
Reply 7
No one, just putting some context into the thread.

Didn't see any context. Just an angry individual who spit their dummy out.
Didn't see any context. Just an angry individual who spit their dummy out.

Plenty of context, your problem is that you don't like sleights against "the messiah".
The thread was starting to look a bit echo chamberish.
Could you please provide the actual substance to the claim that covers the views of an average of around 3.5 voters per constituency.
Reply 9
Plenty of context, your problem is that you don't like sleights against "the messiah".
The thread was starting to look a bit echo chamberish.
Could you please provide the actual substance to the claim that covers the views of an average of around 3.5 voters per constituency.

If you displayed your previous comment in a more respectable way rather than having a tantrum, I will. Otherwise goodbye.
Reply 10
What's done is done mate, Corbyn had two chances and he failed ultimately, regressing on the gains from 2017(which was still not a win, just a gain on 2015) to one of the worst defeats in history. How many people get the chance to be leader for two election campaigns?

Best thing people can do is support Starmer and actually vote for him than cry about Corbyn.
Reply 11
Original post by bj27
What's done is done mate, Corbyn had two chances and he failed ultimately, regressing on the gains from 2017(which was still not a win, just a gain on 2015) to one of the worst defeats in history. How many people get the chance to be leader for two election campaigns?

Best thing people can do is support Starmer and actually vote for him than cry about Corbyn.

Don't like starmer hes more of a tory than regular tory's.
Original post by barnetlad
The expensive loss making bike hire scheme in London was an idea of the Green Party, and I bet they could have managed it better.

Gosh - what does that make the expense loss making NHS, education and police service?
Corbyn was quirky, nor particularly endearing and ultimately, his face didn't fit. He was like that kid at school who made no attempt to fit in and didn't really care. Nothing wrong with that, but to some it is like holding a red rag to a bull.

For a politician to be viable, image (one way or another) is everything and Corbyn just didn't care about his image. Some loved him for this quirk but the media hated it because he wouldn't play their tune.
Original post by ByEeek
Gosh - what does that make the expense loss making NHS, education and police service?

Mr Johnson claimed it would break even, just as he did with the cable car that really goes to nowhere. Anyone with a basic grasp of economics will know that a bike hire scheme will struggle to make money as it is in reality seasonal. Also given how heavy the bikes are and where they are located outside central London (largely areas of (more white than average for London) zone 2 places), a bike hire scheme largely used by middle aged men and tourists.

Mr Johnson also increased bus fares by 50%, the means of public transport most used by women, children and those from BAME groups.
If you displayed your previous comment in a more respectable way rather than having a tantrum, I will. Otherwise goodbye.

Tantrum? 🤣🤣🤣 A little oversensitive aren't we.
I apologise if my brash talk offends your sensibilities, but I've grown up in a world where straight talking is the order of the day.

I would hazard a guess that you cannot however provide any substance to the original claim being made in post #1.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 16
Tantrum? 🤣🤣🤣 A little oversensitive aren't we.
I apologise if my brash talk offends your sensibilities, but I've grown up in a world where straight talking is the order of the day.

I would hazard a guess that you cannot however provide any substance to the original claim being made in post #1.

Bye. I don't owe you a response it you can't show basic respect.
Bye. I don't owe you a response it you can't show basic respect.

Nice flouncing, you won't respond because you can't respond.
It's okay to accept you're wrong once in a while.
Reply 18
Nice flouncing, you won't respond because you can't respond.
It's okay to accept you're wrong once in a while.

Boring.
Boring.

DEFLECTION.
Guess it's the best you can do.
Any other Corbynistas hanging their hat's on the validity of this poll of 2003 people, less than 3.5 peeps per constituency?
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending