The Student Room Group

Take an adventure with Hazelly!

Scroll to see replies

Best of luck for your surgery! :smile:If you like dystopian books I would heavily recommend the Red Queen series, lots of juicy plot twists:eek:
Original post by Kool Kats
Best of luck for your surgery! :smile:If you like dystopian books I would heavily recommend the Red Queen series, lots of juicy plot twists:eek:

Thank you so much. I haven't read many dystopian books, I'll look at the Red Queen series! :five:
Having a bit of a panic tonight, when I received the phone call from the booking clerk a few days ago, they said that my surgeon is going to be away for a week. I'm now panicking that when they come back and I go for my surgery that it won't be planned at all as I thought I'd be having an appointment beforehand to talk about the surgery. I think I'm just overthinking it a little, right? :redface:
:penguinhug:
you’ll be briefed the moment you go to the hospital, and I bet you you’ll be waiting hours, at least from my experience. Don’t worry too much, you’ll be fine, we’re all cheering for you here! <3
Original post by Hazelly
Yess, I love summer. Though for the last three years or so eachtime summer has come around I've been in hospital for surgery!

I'll virtually mail you a pasty, enjoy it :tongue:

I have tried to binge watch Greys but I'm guilty of getting bored at a blink of a second, I usually do something whilst watching greys :yep:

I couldn't double the quote message, but to answer both your questions, I have spoken to my tutor via Microsoft teams and I've said that I have been called in to have surgery. They didn't really say much nor would have passed it onto my other teachers, I'm too nervous to talk to my teachers about it :s-smilie:

:hi: thank you! My surgeon said the surgery will be done once it's safe so hoping it will go smoothly. I'm up to trying new genres, but I do like action and medical genres :smile:

It would be worth maybe writing an email (if possible) and CCing your teachers in. :yep:

Also, I'm sure they wouldn't have told you to do all these measures if it wasn't booked in (referencing your post on the next page). I hope it goes ahead so you can improve your quality of life. :hugs:

What're you gonna be up to tomorrow?
Original post by CoolCavy
:penguinhug:

:jumphug: :h:

Original post by sakura_23
you’ll be briefed the moment you go to the hospital, and I bet you you’ll be waiting hours, at least from my experience. Don’t worry too much, you’ll be fine, we’re all cheering for you here! <3

Thank you for reassuring me, I just went into panic mode then as I was worried we would travel up to the hospital (it's about four hours away) and then be sent home! Each time I've been there it's been pretty organised as in this hasn't happened before.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Pathway
It would be worth maybe writing an email (if possible) and CCing your teachers in. :yep:

Also, I'm sure they wouldn't have told you to do all these measures if it wasn't booked in (referencing your post on the next page). I hope it goes ahead so you can improve your quality of life. :hugs:

What're you gonna be up to tomorrow?

It sounds silly but I'm too scared to and I don't know why? I think I'm worried that they're going to ask how I am as odd as it sounds, I'm just used to putting up a front when with them face-to-face at college so I can mask my emotions but it's a bit more difficult via messaging/emailing.

Gosh thank you for reminding me, this hadn't gone through my mind you're right :hugs:. I hope so too, even if it eases the choking episodes by a little.

I'm not 100% sure, I've hardly done anything today. I'm hoping to make a cake and do some more painting. I can't really think of what else to do, I'm not the most creative person that's for sure :lol:
Original post by Hazelly
It sounds silly but I'm too scared to and I don't know why? I think I'm worried that they're going to ask how I am as odd as it sounds, I'm just used to putting up a front when with them face-to-face at college so I can mask my emotions but it's a bit more difficult via messaging/emailing.

Gosh thank you for reminding me, this hadn't gone through my mind you're right :hugs:. I hope so too, even if it eases the choking episodes by a little.

I'm not 100% sure, I've hardly done anything today. I'm hoping to make a cake and do some more painting. I can't really think of what else to do, I'm not the most creative person that's for sure :lol:

Can understand it. You could say you don't want to speak about how things are if you're struggling. It's OK to put up boundaries, you're OK to.

I hope it does.

Will you be icing the cake? :tongue:
Original post by Pathway
Can understand it. You could say you don't want to speak about how things are if you're struggling. It's OK to put up boundaries, you're OK to.

I hope it does.

Will you be icing the cake? :tongue:

That’s true yeah, college finishes next week anyway for summer holidays then I’m done till September! (At last :biggrin:).

We’re going to put a lemon drizzle on top of the cake :drool:
(edited 3 years ago)
My favourite season is summer as you get to go out and have a lot of fun- also make lots of ice coffees to cool u down! My favourite part 😂😂 Also can I be tagged? Ur such a motivation 🙌 especially to me! @Hazelly
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by halsx11
My favourite season is summer as you get to go out and have a lot of fun- also make lots of ice coffees to cool u down! My favourite part 😂😂 Also can I be tagged? Ur such a motivation 🙌 especially to me! @Hazelly

I agree it’s good fun :biggrin: thank you so much and of course I’ll tag you :smile:
Original post by Hazelly
I agree it’s good fun :biggrin: thank you so much and of course I’ll tag you :smile:

No worries 😉 Thanks :smile:
Best of luck for your surgery @Hazelly!

Could I have a tag please? :hugs:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Best of luck for your surgery @Hazelly!

Could I have a tag please? :hugs:

Thanks! Sure, I’ll add you to the tag list :smile:
Pasty.jpeg

Homemade Cornish pasties from yesterday :biggrin: (I am no chef and my cooking skills are not the best, so they don’t look amazing!)

How is everyone today? I’m on planning on making the lemon drizzle cake at last today! :woo:
(edited 3 years ago)
Trying to get photos to load properly will be the end of me! :shakecane:
Original post by Hazelly
Pasty.jpeg

Homemade Cornish pasties from yesterday :biggrin: (I am no chef and my cooking skills are not the best, so they don’t look amazing!)

How is everyone today? I’m on planning on making the lemon drizzle cake at last today! :woo:

Those look amazing Hazelly! You are making me hungry. I can’t wait to see the lemon drizzle cake!
Original post by Hazelly
Pasty.jpeg

:gah: :sexface: :colone:

I'm not too bad thanks! Hope you are holding up OK :penguinhug: Thank you for that tag in the user that makes you happy thread :colondollar:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Those look amazing Hazelly! You are making me hungry. I can’t wait to see the lemon drizzle cake!

Aw thank you! I crimp them a bit differently to the cornish style, that way they're easier to make! :wink: The Lemon drizzle cake is going in the oven shortly :sogood:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:gah: :sexface: :colone:

I'm not too bad thanks! Hope you are holding up OK :penguinhug: Thank you for that tag in the user that makes you happy thread :colondollar:

:biggrin:

Glad to hear, I'm doing okay. Things have been a little hectic with getting things ready for hospital. And no worries, your messages to me are so supportive when I'm feeling down or even need a chat! :h: :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest