The Student Room Group

Gatwick 2020

Anyone passed their interview from May recruitment. I got 31 points and strong demonstration. Wonder is anyone is in the same boat?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emilia_bxxxx
Anyone passed their interview from May recruitment. I got 31 points and strong demonstration. Wonder is anyone is in the same boat?

Are you referring to BF jobs?
Yes, sorry I wasn’t clear

Original post by pcdc405
Are you referring to BF jobs?
Yes, sorry I wasn’t clear

That's OK wanted to check first. There are quite a few threads on here about BF. One of the longest ones is Border Force Officer / Assistant 2018. It has tons of info on there and people who have applied and waiting. In a nutshell, there's no pattern or anything to suggest the recruitment process and timings. Top scorers usually get picked first depending on what slots there are to fill. Myself, and a few others have just been offered roles after applying as far back as April and November 18 campaigns. Basically it's a slow process so don't give up!
I passed mine with 37 points and was put on the reserve list on 09/07. The next day I was given a provisional offer. I am transferring over from the prison service though which may speed things up.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5

Hello Emilia, Yes I am in the same boat, got 31 points "strong demonstration". I was Interviewed on 28 June 2020 via video link for the RTF role (May 2020 applications). Email of the interview outcome received within a week after the interview. Have been put on a reserve list. No movements since.

Any movements from your end.?

Thanks.
Bil
Original post by bil99
Hello Emilia, Yes I am in the same boat, got 31 points "strong demonstration". I was Interviewed on 28 June 2020 via video link for the RTF role (May 2020 applications). Email of the interview outcome received within a week after the interview. Have been put on a reserve list. No movements since.

Any movements from your end.?

Thanks.
Bil

Hi Bil,

I haven’t heard anything. I applied for Gatwick, where did you apply?
Reply 7
Hi Bil,

I haven’t heard anything. I applied for Gatwick, where did you apply?

I also applied for Gatwick. Are you an internal candidate?
Original post by bil99
I also applied for Gatwick. Are you an internal candidate?

No, external. How are you?
Maybe we can keep in touch, just in case any of us hears something. Wound be nice
Reply 9
I am internal. Sure, I will keep you informed. Also, spoke with a few people who are/were in the RTF, its been a positive feedback so far :smile: .
Original post by bil99
I am internal. Sure, I will keep you informed. Also, spoke with a few people who are/were in the RTF, its been a positive feedback so far :smile: .

It’s a new team, I was trying to research some information about it, but very little found. Oh I’d love to ask them few questions and find out about that role!
It’s a new team, I was trying to research some information about it, but very little found. Oh I’d love to ask them few questions and find out about that role!

That's the role I'll be starting in 2 weeks. Heard from my new manager the other day. The role, duties, shift pattern it all sounds really good!
Original post by pcdc405
That's the role I'll be starting in 2 weeks. Heard from my new manager the other day. The role, duties, shift pattern it all sounds really good!

Do you mind getting on tour with me privately and tell me a bit more. Of course I understand some things are not to be said but just anything ...
Reply 13
Original post by pcdc405

Congratulations !! did your manager say any thing about the training ? I contacted the recruitment team and they told me that the training will be 5-10 weeks, but when I spoke with someone in the RTF he told me that it will be 13-14 weeks. May be due to Covid situation training length would change but do you have any update regarding this ?

Thanks.
Reply 14

Sure no problem. Just let me know what you would like to know?
Original post by bil99
Sure no problem. Just let me know what you would like to know?

How do the shift pattern work
Money was a bit unclear -what’s the home take
And where is the training
Thank you
Reply 16
How do the shift pattern work
Money was a bit unclear -what’s the home take
And where is the training
Thank you

Its a shift pattern, early, late and nights. depending on your location it could be either 10 hour or 12 hour shift. You travel around and do a variety of work. You always get day offs to compensate with your shift patterns.

Once your training is completed you get 48.65% AHA allowance in addition to your basis salary( 27k - 31k). Please see my above question regarding the training I have asked from Pcdc405.

For the training you will be away and stay in a hotel for some weeks (back home for weekends) wont be able to take leave in this period. However, due to current circumstance, I am not sure how the training would work out. I think for us Croydon seems like an ideal place for the training.
Hope this helps.
Original post by bil99
Its a shift pattern, early, late and nights. depending on your location it could be either 10 hour or 12 hour shift. You travel around and do a variety of work. You always get day offs to compensate with your shift patterns.

Once your training is completed you get 48.65% AHA allowance in addition to your basis salary( 27k - 31k). Please see my above question regarding the training I have asked from Pcdc405.

For the training you will be away and stay in a hotel for some weeks (back home for weekends) wont be able to take leave in this period. However, due to current circumstance, I am not sure how the training would work out. I think for us Croydon seems like an ideal place for the training.
Hope this helps.

That’s very helpful!! Thank you Very much
another question I have -health. I wear glasses -are there any restrictions in regards to that?
Do you mind getting on tour with me privately and tell me a bit more. Of course I understand some things are not to be said but just anything ...

Yeah no worries. Where we going on tour? Haha. So far, I'm not aware anything which has been passed which is confidential. Apart from personal details.
Original post by bil99
Congratulations !! did your manager say any thing about the training ? I contacted the recruitment team and they told me that the training will be 5-10 weeks, but when I spoke with someone in the RTF he told me that it will be 13-14 weeks. May be due to Covid situation training length would change but do you have any update regarding this ?

Thanks.

Thanks. Been a long time coming. The only thing I've been told about training is there will be a few weeks at home training. I've got one course booked for end of August and I won't receive joining instructions until about 2 weeks before that. I should have my start date confirmed soon so in roughly 2 weeks I'll attend and do admin bits, have photo ID done and have a tour of the airport. When I can find some concrete information about the training I'll be doing I'll let you. As RTF is multi skilled I'm guessing there will be lots of training. It's all good though. Live and learn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending