The Student Room Group

I don't want children

Anyone else who doesn't want children?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I didn’t for a long while. Now I do :^_^:
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone else who doesn't want children?

I had two children, they were too expensive, so I sold them for a reasonable price.
I want to prioritise my career over children and I don’t want to have a child and then be resentful because I won’t be able to fufill all my plans and I think that would be unfair towards the child. It’s not a definite no. If it happens it happens but I don’t think it’s something I’ll actively plan. But then again things change a lot over years so who knows.
Original post by Moonbow
I didn’t for a long while. Now I do :^_^:

What age do you belong to? Age changes some things.
Me? Like DINK sounds attractive plus I probably won't be able to have kids naturally and also children are a huge responsibiliy.
But also all of the benefits of having kids long-term factor in.
Reply 6
Original post by Tom_Jacobs
What age do you belong to? Age changes some things.

16 in three weeks. Quite young still I know :^_^:
I was a bit later in changing perspective than my friends 😊
Reply 7
Kids arent a 'must have' for me. I want to be able to travel and spend time competing horses, and kids make both of those harder.
If my future partner wants kids, I guess Id be open to adoption or foster care, but at this point in my life its not on my list of priorities.
I don't want kids tbh. I've already seen the sacrifices my mom has made and I'm not willing to give up my career that I would work very hard for. Women in our culture are expected to give up everything for their children. The world is already getting competitive in terms of jobs and universities so I really don't want anyone to go through it. Climate change is another thing. Also, I don't wanna pass on my alleles (sorry for flexing my GCSE Bio knowledge) to anyone. I already go through a lot of shizzle bc of my body and apparently depression can also be caused by genetics so absolutely not. I don't want kids. Of course, time can change people. If I do ever want kids, I would rather adopt. Better to give an already existing child a good life than make a new one.
edit: grammar stuff and "make a new one"
(edited 3 years ago)
Nah not that interested in having kids. It's possible with the right person perhaps but very unlikely, certainly anytime soon at least...

Too much time and money when you could spend this time exploring, travelling the world, progressing in your career, hobbies... There is so so much to see and do in this world and I find kids would just hold you back and lock you down.
Never wanted kids so didn’t have them. Much happier without :smile:
My highest priority in life is not to have kids lol. All I want is a partner, a cat and maybe a dog as well.
Never wanted them so never had any. Am happy being an aunt (and having a partner who also doesn’t want them)
I had two children, they were too expensive, so I sold them for a reasonable price.

Understandable
Original post by penispenis123
I want yours

it would never work out
I don't think I do.
Original post by ShybutHi
Nah not that interested in having kids. It's possible with the right person perhaps but very unlikely, certainly anytime soon at least...

Too much time and money when you could spend this time exploring, travelling the world, progressing in your career, hobbies... There is so so much to see and do in this world and I find kids would just hold you back and lock you down.

I feel exactly the same! And I've really struggled with my mental health over the last few years and just know I would have PPD and regret them. I don't enjoy anything to do with kids at all and would rather focus on my volunteering, career and hobbies.
I don’t want kids. I really want to focus on my career and I want to travel as much as I can. I’m not saying it’s impossible to have children and a career, I know many people who have both, but for me personally I feel like I wouldn’t be able to. Also I think I’d find looking after kids far too stressful.
I would only want my own biological kids. If I couldn’t have them than that would be sad, but I don’t see myself adopting or anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending