The Student Room Group

Another pandemic?

"Swine flu with 'pandemic potential' discovered in China

Scientists in China have identified a new strain of swine flu, warning that it could become a global pandemic.

Scientists at the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) have named the virus G4 EA H1N1. It is carried by pigs but can be transmitted to humans, and as humans are not immune to the latest strain, close monitoring is needed to prevent a major outbreak.""

Greattt (:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/06/swine-flu-strain-human-pandemic-potential-increasingly-found-pigs-china

Scroll to see replies

This screams agenda 21
lol i’m not ready for season 7 of 2020
Original post by Synergy_
"Swine flu with 'pandemic potential' discovered in China

Scientists in China have identified a new strain of swine flu, warning that it could become a global pandemic.

Scientists at the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) have named the virus G4 EA H1N1. It is carried by pigs but can be transmitted to humans, and as humans are not immune to the latest strain, close monitoring is needed to prevent a major outbreak.""

Greattt (:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/06/swine-flu-strain-human-pandemic-potential-increasingly-found-pigs-china

I thought we already dealt with Swine Flu back in 2012?
Original post by Tom_Jacobs
I thought we already dealt with Swine Flu back in 2012?

This is a new strain humans are not immune to :afraid:
ahh **** here we go again
Don't believe everything from China.
Can you imagine if it ends up spreading. What a winter we'll be in for. Covid-19 + swine flu + flu season.
Original post by cloud_9_
ahh **** here we go again

Yess perfect for this situation :lol:
It's not that new.

Wiki article
Unfinished business. An excuse to kill off pensioners and the long term ill with WHO blessing.
Reply 11
Original post by Hannah0505
This screams agenda 21

Who?
Original post by AlphaZeta
Unfinished business. An excuse to kill off pensioners and the long term ill with WHO blessing.

Can't imagine the tories would be overly keen bumping off their voter base.
Im a vegan. thank the lord, If everyone becomes vegan there wil be no animal viruses
Reply 13
Original post by Lucifer11235
Im a vegan. thank the lord, If everyone becomes vegan there wil be no animal viruses

I hope you realize that animals will still exist, even if humans stop using animal products :rofl:
Original post by LovelyMrFox
I hope you realize that animals will still exist, even if humans stop using animal products :rofl:

yes but humans wont be in close contact with them
Reply 15
yes but humans wont be in close contact with them

Dogs? Cats? Exotic animals as pets?
What about wool? Where will that come from?
The fact that humans are omnivores, not herbivores?
How about just the sheer fact that bacon tastes so good?
Have you taken any of this into account?
Dogs? Cats? Exotic animals as pets?
What about wool? Where will that come from?
The fact that humans are omnivores, not herbivores?
How about just the sheer fact that bacon tastes so good?
Have you taken any of this into account?

to be honest, I dont have any pets like cats or dogs, I only have pet fish and 2 rabbits. I once had a pet budgie and a snake

theres vegan alternatives to wool

Humans can eat like a herbivore due to plant proteins

Bacon tastes good but is not healthy due to cholesterol and animals like cows, pigs are dirty and contain disease
Reply 17
to be honest, I dont have any pets like cats or dogs, I only have pet fish and 2 rabbits. I once had a pet budgie and a snake

theres vegan alternatives to wool

Humans can eat like a herbivore due to plant proteins

Bacon tastes good but is not healthy due to cholesterol and animals like cows, pigs are dirty and contain disease

Rabbits. There ye go. Those are animals, if you didnt know ( which can have disease, although it is quite rare ).
For the last two, no thank you. I love my bacon too much :colone:
BBC scaremongering again.
Rabbits. There ye go. Those are animals, if you didnt know ( which can have disease, although it is quite rare ).
For the last two, no thank you. I love my bacon too much :colone:

yes but I could live without them , you can live without meat too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending