The Student Room Group

Are BTEC National Calculator Grades Accurate

Hi, are BTEC National calculator grades accurate for diplomas and extended certificates if you already have all the grades from your units? Also when you finish the course are all of the internal and external unit grades sent to the board and how do they mark it for an overall grade?
Original post by A-Yellow-Spring
Hi, are BTEC National calculator grades accurate for diplomas and extended certificates if you already have all the grades from your units? Also when you finish the course are all of the internal and external unit grades sent to the board and how do they mark it for an overall grade?

Yes as long as you get the right calculator.
If you know all the grades then you can work out your final score and grade.
The only difference the external exam board can make is if they feel your teacher hasnt been marking to the spec properly but if they are satisfied they followed the rules, then you get the grade as calculated.
Original post by 999tigger
Yes as long as you get the right calculator.
If you know all the grades then you can work out your final score and grade.
The only difference the external exam board can make is if they feel your teacher hasnt been marking to the spec properly but if they are satisfied they followed the rules, then you get the grade as calculated.

I see, for the internal units, I heard that it's usually unlikely but sometimes they ask for the coursework to be sent in if they feel like the grade isn't up to scratch. If there internal grades for the units were to be remarked, at what time does Pearson do that when the grades are sent?
I see, for the internal units, I heard that it's usually unlikely but sometimes they ask for the coursework to be sent in if they feel like the grade isn't up to scratch. If there internal grades for the units were to be remarked, at what time does Pearson do that when the grades are sent?

You will need to ask your teacher or exam officer. It should be on the pearson website under deadlines.
Its all unlikely to happen, its more random spot checks.
You will need to ask your teacher or exam officer. It should be on the pearson website under deadlines.
Its all unlikely to happen, its more random spot checks.

I see, in that case could you link me to where it mentions the deadlines?
I see, in that case could you link me to where it mentions the deadlines?

You are worrying too much.
Asks your teacher its between them and Pearson to agree a date about what will be submitted. Yours may not be in which case the marks will stand.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Quality%20Assurance/Standards_Verification_BTEC_NQF_Firsts.pdf

They should already have told you if yours has been sent off or not.

You should really just expect the mark you got unless warned otherwise and if your teacher is experienced, then I wouldnt worry.
Reply 6
Where can I find this calculator? :smile:
You are worrying too much.
Asks your teacher its between them and Pearson to agree a date about what will be submitted. Yours may not be in which case the marks will stand.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Quality%20Assurance/Standards_Verification_BTEC_NQF_Firsts.pdf

They should already have told you if yours has been sent off or not.

You should really just expect the mark you got unless warned otherwise and if your teacher is experienced, then I wouldnt worry.

They did warn me to finish the coursework as it is unlikely but may be possible and that they dont know when it will happen. Also I found this:

Screenshot_20200705-150656.png
Original post by xyz99
Where can I find this calculator? :smile:

On Pearson's website, it's called "BTEC Nationals".

Quick Reply