The Student Room Group

No passion

This may sound stupid but I really want to be a kpop idol and I know that it’s extremely hard to get in and impossible but I don’t really want to have any other job because I have no passion for it. Right now I am about to go to alevels with biology, chemistry and math. I am really worried because I don’t want to have a career with the subjects and I have looked at all the careers and they don’t really grab out at me. But looking at kpop idols gives me inspiration and I really want to be like them, they give me passion and motivation. I don’t really want to do a levels because I think that I won’t have the passion to do them what should I do?
Reply 1
Erm, and what happens if you dont have enough luck to be in that 0.0001% of the world that is a k-pop idol?
Not saying its impossible, but its quite close to it...
Reply 2
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Erm, and what happens if you dont have enough luck to be in that 0.0001% of the world that is a k-pop idol?
Not saying its impossible, but its quite close to it...

I know but I don’t have anything else I want to be, I have watched many videos stating the consequences but I still want to be a kpop idol
Reply 3
Original post by Vinilla
I know but I don’t have anything else I want to be, I have watched many videos stating the consequences but I still want to be a kpop idol

Perhaps you should have a backup plan?
Reply 4
Perhaps you should have a backup plan?

Yeah my backup plan is to be a forensic scientist but I’m not really for it
Reply 5
Original post by Vinilla
Yeah my backup plan is to be a forensic scientist but I’m not really for it

I suggest you continue with that, as being a k-pop idol is one of those, 'dream jobs', not exactly a realistic one.
Reply 6
Original post by Vinilla
This may sound stupid but I really want to be a kpop idol and I know that it’s extremely hard to get in and impossible but I don’t really want to have any other job because I have no passion for it. Right now I am about to go to alevels with biology, chemistry and math. I am really worried because I don’t want to have a career with the subjects and I have looked at all the careers and they don’t really grab out at me. But looking at kpop idols gives me inspiration and I really want to be like them, they give me passion and motivation. I don’t really want to do a levels because I think that I won’t have the passion to do them what should I do?

GO FOR IT! Become an idol. I want an autograph
Reply 7
Original post by Linden5
GO FOR IT! Become an idol. I want an autograph

Thanks! I might tell my parents but idk how they might react...

I suggest you continue with that, as being a k-pop idol is one of those, 'dream jobs', not exactly a realistic one.

I know I’ve been thinking about this a lot but I would rather have fun trying for my dream than working in a job that I am miserable in for the rest of my life and regretting it
Reply 8
Original post by Vinilla
I know I’ve been thinking about this a lot but I would rather have fun trying for my dream than working in a job that I am miserable in for the rest of my life and regretting it

You can chase the one dream, but I suggest you have a backup plan too.
And in the way of money? What do you plan on doing about that?
Reply 9
You can chase the one dream, but I suggest you have a backup plan too.
And in the way of money? What do you plan on doing about that?

I could get some part time jobs
Reply 10
Original post by Vinilla
I could get some part time jobs

I dont think youve really thought your life through...
You could be a forensic scientist, and attempt to become a k-pop idol in your free time? Maybe?
Do whatever you want, as it seems that no matter what I say, you have your heart set on this. It just seems unrealistic to me, and Id suggest against it.

Quick Reply

Latest