The Student Room Group

IB Results Day 2020: Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rainbowafterrain
Hi! Unfortunately I got 38 points hence not meeting the offer at UCL of 39 points. Does anyone know how to (effectively) contact the uni to ask if they are willing to bend the offer a little bit (1 point) and still accept me?

plsss help me xx

What course is it for?
hi everyone so apparently we all got majorly ****ed over by the ib as per usual. i was predicted: 41 overall with 777 in HL History, Spanish B and English Lit i received: 36 overall with 7 in Spanish B and 55 in History and English Lit my school boasts a 90% prediction accuracy rate with only a couple people scoring 1 point below their predicted score each yeari've missed the offer for both my firm and my insurance uni :frown:anyways who wants to sue the ib for their
Original post by angelica12345
hi everyone so apparently we all got majorly ****ed over by the ib as per usual. i was predicted: 41 overall with 777 in HL History, Spanish B and English Lit i received: 36 overall with 7 in Spanish B and 55 in History and English Lit my school boasts a 90% prediction accuracy rate with only a couple people scoring 1 point below their predicted score each yeari've missed the offer for both my firm and my insurance uni :frown:anyways who wants to sue the ib for their

for their "algorithm"
I was predicted 34 but got 39!
774, 766, EE B, Tok B. But still didn't meet my offer because I needed 555 from HLs 🙂
Original post by Euphoria101
What course is it for?l

law with french law
law with french law

email the law admissions team
Have you contacted your uni? The fact you scored 7 in your other two HL may make a difference
People with lower grades than your predict, do you go to top schools mid ranking or lower ranking ones?
Hi! Unfortunately I got 38 points hence not meeting the offer at UCL of 39 points. Does anyone know how to (effectively) contact the uni to ask if they are willing to bend the offer a little bit (1 point) and still accept me?

plsss help me xx

Did you meet the grade requirements for your HL subjects? You could try telephoning the main switchboard (020 7679 2000) and asking for undergraduate admissions, but it's possible they won't take your call.

The published email address is [email protected]. Set out the facts, and ask if they are still willing to accept you.

Or do what @Euphoria101 suggests, and give law admissions a call: 020 3108 8301, [email protected].
(edited 3 years ago)

Have you heard from your Firm and Insurance to tell you that your application has been unsuccessful? If not then it's possible that they are still considering your application in light of your results.
Original post by Sweet Heart bab
People with lower grades than your predict, do you go to top schools mid ranking or lower ranking ones?

top school so its quite surprising
Original post by Aleksanderka
I was predicted 34 but got 39!
774, 766, EE B, Tok B. But still didn't meet my offer because I needed 555 from HLs 🙂

Well done on your results. That certainly bucks the trend of results being lower than predictions!

Have you heard from your Firm and Insurance to tell you that your application has been unsuccessful? If not then it's possible that they are still considering your application in light of your results. Was the HL subject in which you received a 4 crucial for your degree choice?
Original post by 学生の父
Have you heard from your Firm and Insurance to tell you that your application has been unsuccessful? If not then it's possible that they are still considering your application in light of your results.

not yet but i am contacting them asap to beg them to still accept me
top school so its quite surprising

Which school is that
Original post by Sumi Shanks
Have to wait to get subject breakdown. I’m really scared

Good luck! I hope things go well for you :smile:
So relieved 😌 I was predicted 45 and ended with 43😅 meets conditions of my offers!
Which school is that

ecole jeannine manuel in france (average is usually 35-36)

Lower ranking... :frown:
Reply 78
Original post by 学生の父
I'm really sorry to hear this terribly disappointing news. How far off your conditional offer are you?

I have the overall score, however I need the subject scores. I don't know. At least I have my insurance. I'm so p*ssed off I can't even think straight
I was predicted 43 777 and I got 36 665... missed my firm to read architecture at Bath hahaha. **** ib

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending