The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Sohail787
How do I make a complaint

You want to make a complaint to a bank? When you did something illegal?

:rofl:
Please help me I’m literally at the end of my rope, I can’t take the stress anymore. Please tell me what u had to say to get rid of the marker
Original post by Limit2331
What did u say to them to get it removed please help I’m literally given up and want to end it all

Christ just get a monzo account and stop moaning you should’ve thought about this all when you did fraud
Original post by Fermion.
Christ just get a monzo account and stop moaning you should’ve thought about this all when you did fraud

A school friend asked if I could join his investment program and manipulated me into giving banking details, when I realised what had happened my passport was stolen and used to with draw money. They also made a fake PayPal in my name and went into overdraft
Please help me I’m literally at the end of my rope, I can’t take the stress anymore. Please tell me what u had to say to get rid of the marker

Try to keep calling them and make complaints
Original post by Anonymous
Try to keep calling them and make complaints

It was with nationwide but I need and account to talk to them ?

You should go to the branch in person

Have u been in this situation?
You should go to the branch in person
A school friend asked if I could join his investment program and manipulated me into giving banking details, when I realised what had happened my passport was stolen and used to with draw money. They also made a fake PayPal in my name and went into overdraft

If this is true then have you been to the police about this?
I’m too afraid because I don’t want to go to court and stuff and don’t want my parent to know that this has happened to me
I’m too afraid because I don’t want to go to court and stuff and don’t want my parent to know that this has happened to me

Furthermore when I tried to sort out the PayPal situation it took nearly 4 months, and still they didn’t help and closed my account with money I made through working on eBay
In all fairness when I reported a similar incident to Action Fraud (working group before it gets to the police etc) that's what put this CIFAS marker on my account in the first place as they see me as a victim of fraud. It's not always a bad thing, but it's worth finding out why you have it.

Like above people have mentioned try and get a Monzo bank account in the meantime and contact relevant parties.
I’m 17 It’s Happened to me In January I was in a bad position at the time I was then threatened by the scammer and lost my Santander and monzo account. I spoke to them they said I had to go to the branch to dispute I’ve not done it yet due to covid but I’m so worried it’s gonna affect my university I’ve still got a NatWest and another account so scared to do anything encase they get closed cause then I’ll be so stuck I’ll not be able to go to university. Does anyone know what I should do like should just be cautious with what I apply?for I’m only young I was so stupid to fall for the trap but if it’s happened to so many people then surly they should act to help because up until this happened in January I knew nothing about fraud and scams. Any advice will be much appreciated. And to everyone that’s trying to remove it and panicking you need to just accept it there is so many more important thinks to think of you say your young focus on your education get the best grades you can then before you know it it’ll be gone use this as a lesson to be more carful.
I’m 17 It’s Happened to me In January I was in a bad position at the time I was then threatened by the scammer and lost my Santander and monzo account. I spoke to them they said I had to go to the branch to dispute I’ve not done it yet due to covid but I’m so worried it’s gonna affect my university I’ve still got a NatWest and another account so scared to do anything encase they get closed cause then I’ll be so stuck I’ll not be able to go to university. Does anyone know what I should do like should just be cautious with what I apply?for I’m only young I was so stupid to fall for the trap but if it’s happened to so many people then surly they should act to help because up until this happened in January I knew nothing about fraud and scams. Any advice will be much appreciated. And to everyone that’s trying to remove it and panicking you need to just accept it there is so many more important thinks to think of you say your young focus on your education get the best grades you can then before you know it it’ll be gone use this as a lesson to be more carful.

Defo get a prepaid card anyone can get them cifas markers last for 6 years you wouldn’t be able to get a bank account or credit for the time being I’m afraid.
Thank you do you know how it will affect uni cause I do still have two normal accounts which I can use if I was to use one would it be accepted ? And when I turn 18 will I lose them accounts
Defo get a prepaid card anyone can get them cifas markers last for 6 years you wouldn’t be able to get a bank account or credit for the time being I’m afraid.

Do you know what will happen to my accounts I have cause I still have NatWest and another I’m not sure if I’ll lose them when I turn 18 and how can I get a tuition loan for uni
Original post by Theofficialpv
the bank just decided to remove the cifas marker , i was at fault to be honest but if you get a cifas marker dont leave them alone keep making complaints and prove your innocence, i repeat DONT STOP MAKING COMPLAINT

How did you manage that did you have to raise legal issues ? I’m really scared to because I don’t want to go to prison from it but I was at fault although I was young and stupid. I really want to go to university and study medicine so I’m scared to try to remove it. I was also threatened by the scammer
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you do you know how it will affect uni cause I do still have two normal accounts which I can use if I was to use one would it be accepted ? And when I turn 18 will I lose them accounts

It doesn't.

My case happened when I was in second year, my personal banking account got closed as it was the account used in this scenario (Barclays) but my Santander account (student) stayed and remained open with no impact.
Original post by sarahmh_
It doesn't.

My case happened when I was in second year, my personal banking account got closed as it was the account used in this scenario (Barclays) but my Santander account (student) stayed and remained open with no impact.

That’s amazing thank you so much for you help. And I’m assuming you received all maintenance loans and student finance ok ?
Original post by Boywonder4563
That’s amazing thank you so much for you help. And I’m assuming you received all maintenance loans and student finance ok ?

Yes it was absolutely fine, I also managed to get a Monzo account and some savings accounts.

New current accounts were off limits for a few years, and I've only recently been able to get a credit card but I'm about five or so years in now

Latest

Trending

Trending