The Student Room Group

Confessions of a Revising Freak - a year 12/13 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sammylou40
No Netflix suggestions, sorry.
Have you stuck to your guns over your 18th?
No alcohol etc. If so, good for you.
Personally I would still have a weekend away with my close family. Then if they want an alcohol fuelled party with everyone you’ve never heard of, you can pretend it’s not for you as you’ll have had your celebration
What have you come up with?

I've tried to keep it just my friends
I don't care if they drink and 17 year olds will accept no for an answer about alcohol
think we're gonna do a house party of my friends and we'll say they can bring someone but my parents will be here to deal with alcohol or sex etc
a plus one also means I don't have a sort of I've invited this person so I've gotta invite this person
(edited 3 years ago)
Hola amigos
Hi I'm back but not feeling great :frown:

This morning I did more revision cards on media theories which were good so I was productive

I'm still rather achy which is annoying I've been bored shitless but can't do much about it. So anyone who fancies a chat go for it I'm free. I did make a preliminary invite list for my birthday and send some emails about a survey but I'm super bored otherwise.

I've been on Twitter too much and want to call out about 5 people for being generalised bigots but I hate arguing cause people on Twitter can be brutal so I need to probably do something else. So yeah feel free to chat to me
Reply 42
Original post by josie71202
Hola amigos
Hi I'm back but not feeling great :frown:

This morning I did more revision cards on media theories which were good so I was productive

I'm still rather achy which is annoying I've been bored shitless but can't do much about it. So anyone who fancies a chat go for it I'm free. I did make a preliminary invite list for my birthday and send some emails about a survey but I'm super bored otherwise.

I've been on Twitter too much and want to call out about 5 people for being generalised bigots but I hate arguing cause people on Twitter can be brutal so I need to probably do something else. So yeah feel free to chat to me

Gosh Twitter can be awful for people who are stuck in their own bubble. I tend to avoid politics on Twitter just because it gets so toxic sometimes
That being said, the rail enthusiast community isn't much better sometimes...
hello

I'm just chilling in bed right now, feeling kinda lonely.

I didn't do any studying today because it's Sunday, I'll start again on Monday. I feel lazy but don't schedule stuff on the weekend's as I tend to get stressed easily.

I've mainly spent the day watching Netflix and playing Sims 4. Tried to get some friends to meet up but most of my irl friends are busy with school, I admit it's a super stressful time for that right now, especially my friends who are mostly year 12.

My brother and his friend are baking a cake downstairs. Both my parents are out so I'm the responsible adult. Therefore, I need to make sure the kitchen doesn't burn down, luckily, my brother does food tech GCSE so I'm not too worried, but I keep hearing crashes of saucepans, which is mildly concerning.
Hello darkness my old friend

It's been an interesting day but I'm alive

I haven't done any studying but I have started making a Pinterest board on travel magazines and inter-railing. Mainly to gather ideas about my media concept and to start thinking about it.

I also went for a walk to Hampton Court Palace. Unfortunately, I caught my foot on a paving stone in the first courtyard and fell and hit my kneecap really hard. It's calmed down now but my mum thinks the side of my kneecap is swollen and it's a bit sore to walk around and bend. So I'm in bed watching Netflix and playing Sims 4.

So overall, I'm in pain but alive (like most days)
Reply 45
Wow playing Sims and watching Netflix multitasking much! 😂
I'm not really sure how to alleviate the kneecap pain situ, and I'm supposed to be the aspiring medic :tongue:
Hope it gets better soonn
Original post by adrewp
Wow playing Sims and watching Netflix multitasking much! 😂
I'm not really sure how to alleviate the kneecap pain situ, and I'm supposed to be the aspiring medic :tongue:
Hope it gets better soonn

thank you
Hello darkness my old friend

It's been an interesting day but I'm alive

I haven't done any studying but I have started making a Pinterest board on travel magazines and inter-railing. Mainly to gather ideas about my media concept and to start thinking about it.

I also went for a walk to Hampton Court Palace. Unfortunately, I caught my foot on a paving stone in the first courtyard and fell and hit my kneecap really hard. It's calmed down now but my mum thinks the side of my kneecap is swollen and it's a bit sore to walk around and bend. So I'm in bed watching Netflix and playing Sims 4.

So overall, I'm in pain but alive (like most days)

Oh no!!
Has it calmed down a little now?
Please use ice or a cold spray on it, not heat.
Try to keep it moving. It’s really easy for your knee joint to stiffen up x
Oh no!!
Has it calmed down a little now?
Please use ice or a cold spray on it, not heat.
Try to keep it moving. It’s really easy for your knee joint to stiffen up x

the woman at Hampton Court had an ice pack so it stopped any immediate swelling
the woman at Hampton Court had an ice pack so it stopped any immediate swelling

That’s good. Elevate it as much as you can but also try to walk on it properly.
It may take a surprisingly long time to heal so look after yourself
That’s good. Elevate it as much as you can but also try to walk on it properly.
It may take a surprisingly long time to heal so look after yourself

I've been walking around on it but it hurts when I bend it. We're pretty certain it's not fractured but I'll put it on a pillow
(edited 3 years ago)
I've been walking around on it but it hurts when I bend it. We're pretty certain it's not fractured but I'll put it on a pillow

It will!
Banging your knee like that is incredibly painful!
Did you twist it when you fell?
Or hear a little pop?
If so then you may have torn the cartilage.
I tore mine a couple of years ago and ended up needing surgery.
If you’ve torn it then it takes around 36 hours for it to hit you properly. It will swell right up and the pain is excruciating. If that happens you should go to a and e ASAP.
Cheerful aren’t I?! 😜 sorry x
It will!
Banging your knee like that is incredibly painful!
Did you twist it when you fell?
Or hear a little pop?
If so then you may have torn the cartilage.
I tore mine a couple of years ago and ended up needing surgery.
If you’ve torn it then it takes around 36 hours for it to hit you properly. It will swell right up and the pain is excruciating. If that happens you should go to a and e ASAP.
Cheerful aren’t I?! 😜 sorry x

I didn't twist it I think I hit the actual kneecap
I didn't twist it I think I hit the actual kneecap

Good
Well not good but you know what I mean
Good
Well not good but you know what I mean

yeah it hurts to bend it but also hurts to keep it straight ugh
this pillow is useless so I'm gonna prop it up with books with a pillow on top
(edited 3 years ago)
Hola amigos

Today it still hurts. I'm less stressed but still in pain

I started today by doing a section of a booklet analysing the TV show Humans and the sci-fi genre in general as it's one of our texts for component 2 in media studies. I also finished my revision cards for almost 30 theories in media which will make it much easier to learn them.

My media class piped up on Snapchat and I realised my worries weren't real. I worried I was behind in coursework but I learnt I'm the only one analysing texts and has a clear idea of genre. So I now feel I have coursework under control.

I just had my youth council meeting so now I'm emailing a survey to schools and colleges in my borough for tomorrow morning plus other jobs so I'm gonna be busy which is good
Hola amigos

Today it still hurts. I'm less stressed but still in pain

I started today by doing a section of a booklet analysing the TV show Humans and the sci-fi genre in general as it's one of our texts for component 2 in media studies. I also finished my revision cards for almost 30 theories in media which will make it much easier to learn them.

My media class piped up on Snapchat and I realised my worries weren't real. I worried I was behind in coursework but I learnt I'm the only one analysing texts and has a clear idea of genre. So I now feel I have coursework under control.

I just had my youth council meeting so now I'm emailing a survey to schools and colleges in my borough for tomorrow morning plus other jobs so I'm gonna be busy which is good

That sounds great :biggrin: You're doing a lot of work compared to most people so keep it up and you will be fine next year :smile:
Sounds very productive. You’re probably way in front of others. All good!
Original post by nathan1403
That sounds great :biggrin: You're doing a lot of work compared to most people so keep it up and you will be fine next year :smile:

Sounds very productive. You’re probably way in front of others. All good!

thank you my anxiety tells me everyone is working 6+ hours a day
thank you my anxiety tells me everyone is working 6+ hours a day

Tell your anxiety it’s telling you porkies!! They’re absolutely not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending