The Student Room Group

Which is the biggest upset in the 2019/20 Premier League?

Poll

Which is the biggest upset in 2019/20?

There are a lot of upsets this season, which one is the biggest?
Don’t know the premier league but probably the biggest upset is that’s it’s In 2019/20
Reply 2
Liverpool winning the league.

Only Pep can do what Fergie, Wenger & Mourinho couldnt: let Liverpool win.
Reply 3
Original post by x1x1x1
Liverpool winning the league.

Only Pep can do what Fergie, Wenger & Mourinho couldnt: let Liverpool win.

So should you go for Liverpool losing 3-0 to Watford as the biggest shock?
Reply 4
Original post by 8013
So should you go for Liverpool losing 3-0 to Watford as the biggest shock?

Yes, definitely. Effectively ended their chances of an unbeaten league win.

Second would be Wolves 3-2 City. Only God knows how a team as good as City choked a 2 goal lead.
I’ll always remember hearing about the 0-9 and being completely stunned. It was on a Friday night and we were still away after United's game the night before and managed to get highlights on a little TV in a bar. :smile:

You get little teams beating bigger teams sometimes in the Premier League but you just don’t get a 9. Nobody scores 9!!! It’s happened ... twice in 28 seasons?
Reply 6
Original post by IanDangerously
I’ll always remember hearing about the 0-9 and being completely stunned. It was on a Friday night and we were still away after United's game the night before and managed to get highlights on a little TV in a bar. :smile:

You get little teams beating bigger teams sometimes in the Premier League but you just don’t get a 9. Nobody scores 9!!! It’s happened ... twice in 28 seasons?

There is also a 9-1 win for Tottenham against Wigan.
Has to be the 0-9, surely? Such a crazy scoreline, the Watford v Liverpool result was a shock "in-season" but the Southampton vs Leicester result will be remembered forever.
Original post by 8013
There is also a 9-1 win for Tottenham against Wigan.

I forgot about that ... I think that was about 10 years ago? and the United/Ipswich one was in 1995. So it happens once a decade on average.

Mind you with VAR now it could become more regular because red cards will increase

Quick Reply

Latest