The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

All Lives Matter

Deleted thread
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
I agree with the whole BLM movement and I support it, but I feel as if ALM should be a thing to. Black people aren't the only race that are subject to discrimination. What about Asians and Arabs etc? It's just a thought so feel free to share your opinion (:

I agree with you 100%. Since George Floyd died, the whole world has been on about the BLM movement. Even, the soccer teams even have ''Black Lives Matter'' on the back of their shirts. Although, George Floyd was a good son, friend, brother or anything, at least we should worry about other tribes. It's not all about black people, in my opinion. I feel ALM should matter too.
Original post by Okwuchi80
I agree with you 100%. Since George Floyd died, the whole world has been on about the BLM movement. Even, the soccer teams even have ''Black Lives Matter'' on the back of their shirts. Although, George Floyd was a good son, friend, brother or anything, at least we should worry about other tribes. It's not all about black people, in my opinion. I feel ALM should matter too.

yeah exactly, im indian and carribean and i have faced so much discrimination throughout my life. yes, im not black but my life matters too. people have sent me death threats just because im asian. so i feel like ALM is extremely important too.
yeah exactly, im indian and carribean and i have faced so much discrimination throughout my life. yes, im not black but my life matters too. people have sent me death threats just because im asian. so i feel like ALM is extremely important too.

I’m so sorry this has happened to you. All lives matter. It doesn’t matter what colour you are, how your facial features look, what colour your hair is, what you weigh etc. You should judge a person by their morals and heart, not their appearance. I’m a white person who has been excluded from social events because I live in a predominantly black area, and I wasn’t always welcome due to my skin colour. Is that racism?
Original post by AnonyWally
I’m so sorry this has happened to you. All lives matter. It doesn’t matter what colour you are, how your facial features look, what colour your hair is, what you weigh etc. You should judge a person by their morals and heart, not their appearance. I’m a white person who has been excluded from social events because I live in a predominantly black area, and I wasn’t always welcome due to my skin colour. Is that racism?

yeah that is racism. a lot of people think white people can't face racism but they can. and you're so right, it's what on the inside that matters! <3
Original post by Okwuchi80

Can we stop pretending Floyd was a saint. Yes the way he was killed was disgusting, but that doesn’t make him a good person after what he did.

No worries... We are in this together hon....:wink:
Original post by Claydo66
Can we stop pretending Floyd was a saint. Yes the way he was killed was disgusting, but that doesn’t make him a good person after what he did.

let's also not forget he abused his pregnant girlfriend. im not justifying his murder, but people should realise that he wasn't a god too haha
let's also not forget he abused his pregnant girlfriend. im not justifying his murder, but people should realise that he wasn't a god too haha

I agree. He may have not been a saint, if he was changing his life then I fully respect that and am proud of him for doing so, same as I would be for anyone changing for the better, but no one, I repeat no one, should kneel on someone’s neck, let alone for 8 minutes. That is pure murder, irrespective of race and status.
I agree. He may have not been a saint, if he was changing his life then I fully respect that and am proud of him for doing so, same as I would be for anyone changing for the better, but no one, I repeat no one, should kneel on someone’s neck, let alone for 8 minutes. That is pure murder, irrespective of race and status.

he didn't deserve to die, no one does. that's why i dont agree with the death penalty at all.
he didn't deserve to die, no one does. that's why i dont agree with the death penalty at all.

Exactly! Have you heard of Derek Bentley?
Exactly! Have you heard of Derek Bentley?

yeah i have, he was hanged after a botched robbery right? i studied the case in school and he didn't deserve to die :/
also out of curiosity, are you m or f?
I don't think you understand what BLM actually means. It doesn't mean that we are disregarding every other race that faced discrimination. It's just focusing on the police brutality that African-Americans disproportionately face in America, more than white people, asian people etc.
No one is saying that Asian lives don't matter. In fact, the BLM group has extended itself for fighting against racism of all kinds.

'All Lives Matter' is used by people who want to put BLM down and disregard lost black lives. I know you don't mean to do this, but this is what you're associating yourself when you say ALM.
The name has certainly caused a few issues with those who decide to take it literally rather than have a nuanced view of it.
Original post by chloenix
I don't think you understand what BLM actually means. It doesn't mean that we are disregarding every other race that faced discrimination. It's just focusing on the police brutality that African-Americans disproportionately face in America, more than white people, asian people etc.
No one is saying that Asian lives don't matter. In fact, the BLM group has extended itself for fighting against racism of all kinds.

'All Lives Matter' is used by people who want to put BLM down and disregard lost black lives. I know you don't mean to do this, but this is what you're associating yourself when you say ALM.

but you're literally putting black lives over other BAME lives? blacks aren't more important than asians etc.
Original post by Drewski
The name has certainly caused a few issues with those who decide to take it literally rather than have a nuanced view of it.

it's not that im disregarding blm haha i just believe every race is equal ygm? also i swear you were the guy on my football thread weren't you lmao?
but you're literally putting black lives over other BAME lives? blacks aren't more important than asians etc.

Absolutely no one is saying that black lives are more important than the lives of any other race. Please do some research to look into the true meaning of BLM, it's very long and hard to explain in a small comment.

BLM searches for equity, not supremacy.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by chloenix
Absolutely no one is saying that black lives are more important than the lives of any other race. Please do some research to look into the true meaning of BLM, it's very long and hard to explain in a small comment.

i just feel as if ALM would be better because it supports all lives.
i just feel as if ALM would be better because it supports all lives.

Are you aware of the origins of ALM?

Latest

Trending

Trending