The Student Room Group

A levels 2020: Prediction Thread!

Do we think results will be higher or lower than last year?
Lower. Inevitably.
Reply 2
Original post by Banshee123
Do we think results will be higher or lower than last year?

Higher definitely! More studies done at home due to Covid-19
Original post by Lee1821
Higher definitely! More studies done at home due to Covid-19

2020 results not 2021. I think they will be the round about the same because of the standardisation process
Higher definitely! teachers over-predict (even with the standardisation I still believe that that years grades will be way better than the 2019 cohorts grades).
Thread moved to educational debate and thread title tweaked a bit.

I feel that on the overall the numbers are going to be roughly consistent - that is what exam boards will want to happen, they want to try and achieve as close to the normal as they can.

Underneath that, I think there might be more variation in moderation standards between subjects, and it'll be interesting to see whether there a certain subjects receiving more complaints than others. :smile:
slightly lower.
Original post by gluttonyyy
slightly lower.

how slight?
Original post by bored_user:)
how slight?

I don't think they'd want a huge difference in our grades and last years grades so they'd try to keep it consistent. Trying to explain this in the best way I can lol but the grades we actually would get seeing as most of us did not take in class assessments seriously would be much lower than last years obviously. But, I don't think they'd like such a huge gap so they will try to make our grades as realistic and consistent as they can also being fair though. Keeping in mind how much our economy has lost out recently already. So we wouldn't get exactly the same as last years grades, probably slightly less. maybe a grade, or two? as getting the same grades as last years would be really dodgy knowing how much students have been affected by the pandemic, so getting a little lower would justify that. just my prediction, as the grades I've had throughout this year were awful.
Original post by gluttonyyy
I don't think they'd want a huge difference in our grades and last years grades so they'd try to keep it consistent. Trying to explain this in the best way I can lol but the grades we actually would get seeing as most of us did not take in class assessments seriously would be much lower than last years obviously. But, I don't think they'd like such a huge gap so they will try to make our grades as realistic and consistent as they can also being fair though. Keeping in mind how much our economy has lost out recently already. So we wouldn't get exactly the same as last years grades, probably slightly less. maybe a grade, or two? as getting the same grades as last years would be really dodgy knowing how much students have been affected by the pandemic, so getting a little lower would justify that. just my prediction, as the grades I've had throughout this year were awful.

Hmm.. I see...
Reply 10
They’re also basis of standardisation on how well a school did in each subject in previous years so if the highest grade achieved within a school was a B for a certain subject, it’s unlikely that students from that school would get anything higher than a B. While I know a lot of people don’t take mocks and in class assessments seriously, I hope that standardisation doesn’t penalise students who put everything they had into mocks and in class assessments. I think grades will vary from school to school based on this so it will be interesting to see how schools across the country faired from this process.

Quick Reply

Latest