The Student Room Group

Last resort

So I dropped chemistry as level so I can’t do chemistry anymore but in year 13 I’ll be taking biology psychology and English literature so I won’t be able to do medicine which I really really love. My question is would I be able to do medicine abroad, but you know still do the degree in English, without needing my chemistry a level or no?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ItsmeDUDE
So I dropped chemistry as level so I can’t do chemistry anymore but in year 13 I’ll be taking biology psychology and English literature so I won’t be able to do medicine which I really really love. My question is would I be able to do medicine abroad without needing my chemistry a level or no?

Unfortunately A level chemistry is a requirement for medicine. I too am in a similar situation, I started year 12 this year with biology, chemistry and psychology, however I absolutely hate chemistry a level so I’ve decided to drop chemistry and retake the year with biology, geography and sociology a levels. Maybe look at doing biomedical science?
Reply 2
Original post by The-judge-16
Unfortunately A level chemistry is a requirement for medicine. I too am in a similar situation, I started year 12 this year with biology, chemistry and psychology, however I absolutely hate chemistry a level so I’ve decided to drop chemistry and retake the year with biology, geography and sociology a levels. Maybe look at doing biomedical science?

Don’t you need chemistry for that too tho?
Original post by ItsmeDUDE
Don’t you need chemistry for that too tho?

Some universities do not require chemistry, they only state that you need either biology or chemistry and another science, which can include geography, geology, psychology, maths, physics.

Quick Reply

Latest