The Student Room Group

alevel results 2020

i have a question about our grading, since we’ll be ‘ranked’ , my prediction from my school is an a*a*a, say they rank me at the lowest ( im a retake student and i achieved ccd due to extenuating circumstances) could my grade be lowered by more than one level? my insurance offer is aab, im really worried that i wont even get that.

please let me know if you have any idea. thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Nazjsj
i have a question about our grading, since we’ll be ‘ranked’ , my prediction from my school is an a*a*a, say they rank me at the lowest ( im a retake student and i achieved ccd due to extenuating circumstances) could my grade be lowered by more than one level? my insurance offer is aab, im really worried that i wont even get that.

when i say more than one grade, i mean one grade each, so rather than going from a* to a, going from a* to b.
Original post by Nazjsj

Did you repeat the year at school (i.e. have you been attending school as a student this year), or were you studying at home and just sitting the retakes through your school (so no longer a student)?
Reply 3
Original post by mathstutor24
Did you repeat the year at school (i.e. have you been attending school as a student this year), or were you studying at home and just sitting the retakes through your school (so no longer a student)?

i was studying at home!
Original post by Nazjsj
i was studying at home!

Does the school have any data from you for this academic year, i.e. the year you have stayed home? Have you submitted any work to them or taken any mock exams with them since repeating the year? If they have data that shows you are performing above the CCD you got last year, that will definitely help if they are ranking you with the rest of the current class. However, as you would be classed as a private candidate they may not have ranked you with the rest of the current class. Although the school cannot tell you the grades they submitted to OfQual they may be able to discuss with you if you were ranked with the current class or graded separately, if that makes sense. The best thing to do is to talk to them. I assume that the school were fully aware of your extenuating circumstances last year? If so, I would hope that they take that into consideration. They are the best people to know how you would perform this year, since they have known you throughout your time at secondary school. If the worst happens, and you don't get the grades you need, contact the university on results day - they may reduce their offer. But if you end up with lower grades than expected and you don't have a uni offer (or don't want to go to a uni with a reduced offer), you can resit the exams in October this year. So, if you haven't already, I would advise to start revising as if you were going to take the exams in October. Taking an extra year or 2 to start university is no big deal (sometimes it can be much better in the long term), and is certainly not a reflection on you or your ability. Finally, a huge well done for repeating - that takes a lot of guts and courage, and shows perseverance, so you should be extremely proud of yourself, no matter what grades you get. Remember, life is not a race, and you WILL achieve your goals!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending