The Student Room Group

Terry Crews is on point. ALL Black lives Matter.

https://www.newsweek.com/terry-crews-don-lemon-black-lives-matter-debate-cnn-1515895

Terry Crews and Don Lemon Clash In Heated Black Lives Matter Debate

Terry Crews has clashed with CNN reporter Don Lemon over Black Lives Matter in a divisive debate about black on black violence and achieving equality.

The America's Got Talent host appeared on Monday night's show to discuss the backlash he has been receiving for his views on the movement, which have been heavily criticized.
On Saturday, Crews tweeted: "Are all white people bad? No. Are all black people good? No"

"Knowing this reality- I stand on my decision to unite with good people, no matter the race, creed or ideology. ... Given the number of threats against this decision-I also decide to die on this hill."

Addressing this stance, Lemon asked why it was so important that he "die on this hill."

[video]https://youtu.be/lzR8x_jlGaI[/video]

He also touched on black on black violence and said there are neighborhoods "held hostage by people, who are literally running [them] with violence and then [claiming] that black lives matter."

Scroll to see replies

Don Lemon is wrong saying BLM started because of police brutality, it started with the shooting of Trayvon Martin which was not a police involved shooting.
Reply 2
Original post by DiddyDec
Don Lemon is wrong saying BLM started because of police brutality, it started with the shooting of Trayvon Martin which was not a police involved shooting.

PRSOM

I'm sure he doesn't care, though.

That smug look he gave Crews when he was closing the "debate" was infuriating and basically proved Crews' point.
Original post by Occitanie
PRSOM

I'm sure he doesn't care, though.

That smug look he gave Crews when he was closing the "debate" was infuriating and basically proved Crews' point.

It does stand out as a perfect example of controlling the narrative.

Crews makes a very valid point, all black lives should matter not just those killed by police.
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
It does stand out as a perfect example of controlling the narrative.

Crews makes a very valid point, all black lives should matter not just those killed by police.

He made several good points, and I can safely say that most people, no matter what colour, class or creed, agree that ALL black lives matter. I also firmly believe, that beyond the mainstream/social media bubble, most people agree with Crews
Don lemon is a crafty little rat
I always though BLM is a lot more about people of authority abusing their power...like the police
https://www.newsweek.com/terry-crews-don-lemon-black-lives-matter-debate-cnn-1515895

Terry Crews and Don Lemon Clash In Heated Black Lives Matter Debate

Terry Crews has clashed with CNN reporter Don Lemon over Black Lives Matter in a divisive debate about black on black violence and achieving equality.

The America's Got Talent host appeared on Monday night's show to discuss the backlash he has been receiving for his views on the movement, which have been heavily criticized.
On Saturday, Crews tweeted: "Are all white people bad? No. Are all black people good? No"

"Knowing this reality- I stand on my decision to unite with good people, no matter the race, creed or ideology. ... Given the number of threats against this decision-I also decide to die on this hill."

Addressing this stance, Lemon asked why it was so important that he "die on this hill."

[video]https://youtu.be/lzR8x_jlGaI[/video]

He also touched on black on black violence and said there are neighborhoods "held hostage by people, who are literally running [them] with violence and then [claiming] that black lives matter."

Terry crews had a good point before he talked about black on black violence, that's literally just called crime.
The neighbourhood point is iffy though. These gang members wouldn't be the ones who are carrying the movement but are opposing the general movement in general.
I can’t decide if the comparison Don Lemon made to HIV and cancer was intentionally misleading or if he’s just not that bright.

You can have an organisation intended to combat policy brutality that doesn’t focus on problems of black on black violence in the same way you can have a cancer charity that doesn’t do anything about HIV.

BLM is probably the most recognised, famous social movement organisation in history; I’d wager the vast majority of people can’t name an anti black on black violence charity in the US without Google. It would seem weird if one illness had a charity that got 99% of the media coverage, whilst another, more deadly illness, got virtually none.

If your intent is to limit the number of black deaths why not start with what causes the most? I don’t see any way that reducing police brutality will lead to less violence in predominantly black communities, I can however see how less violence in predominantly black communities will lead to less police brutality.
the thing is BLM is mostly hijacked by a marxist movement like Antifa. They are on a pay-roll and are on-call to bounce on the right moment i.e when a white person kills a black person. So protesting against police brutality is good. But it was hijacked and turned into something more sinister. People were getting bussed around states where its most tense and start up civil unrest. You dont kill more people, burn down buildings and destroy statues because some bad cop killed a man who wasnt resisting.

So it spreads and its a copy-cat movement bandwagon. Most of the people in the riots in London & Bristol were just young kids ages 16 - 27. Most have had a good upbringing, good education, university, parents with money etc. But they have thrown it back at their country's face. What they have been taught at school/uni is again something very anti-British. They literally hate the country, culture and history. So they believe destroying it all will restart the country and everyone is 'equal'. When I say equal I mean everyone is skint and no decent income. And they want a more centralised government that will coddle you, take care of you but in exchange of your rights and freedom. They want free money. Every country has its dark bits but the people here should realise we live in a country you can buy/do whatever you want. In some countries you dont have that. Like in Middle-East countries like Iran, Afganistan, Pakistan, SA women are treated like objects to be owned and controlled. In China its heavy censorship and secret police to keep you in-check should you resist.

Trouble we have in this country is too many people are pretending to be offended on behalf of others so they believe we should do away with free-speech and freedom of thought in order to protect peoples feelings. And with it, comedy and jokes wont even exist in this country because people believe 'words' can hurt more than physical violence. Which ironically the people who demand this will use physical violence to get what they want like burning things or attacking police.
Original post by anime<3gaming
the thing is BLM is mostly hijacked by a marxist movement like Antifa. They are on a pay-roll and are on-call to bounce on the right moment i.e when a white person kills a black person. So protesting against police brutality is good. But it was hijacked and turned into something more sinister. People were getting bussed around states where its most tense and start up civil unrest. You dont kill more people, burn down buildings and destroy statues because some bad cop killed a man who wasnt resisting.

So it spreads and its a copy-cat movement bandwagon. Most of the people in the riots in London & Bristol were just young kids ages 16 - 27. Most have had a good upbringing, good education, university, parents with money etc. But they have thrown it back at their country's face. What they have been taught at school/uni is again something very anti-British. They literally hate the country, culture and history. So they believe destroying it all will restart the country and everyone is 'equal'. When I say equal I mean everyone is skint and no decent income. And they want a more centralised government that will coddle you, take care of you but in exchange of your rights and freedom. They want free money. Every country has its dark bits but the people here should realise we live in a country you can buy/do whatever you want. In some countries you dont have that. Like in Middle-East countries like Iran, Afganistan, Pakistan, SA women are treated like objects to be owned and controlled. In China its heavy censorship and secret police to keep you in-check should you resist.

Trouble we have in this country is too many people are pretending to be offended on behalf of others so they believe we should do away with free-speech and freedom of thought in order to protect peoples feelings. And with it, comedy and jokes wont even exist in this country because people believe 'words' can hurt more than physical violence. Which ironically the people who demand this will use physical violence to get what they want like burning things or attacking police.

Wow, is this really the view people hold about left-wing movements in this country? Propaganda has really taken ahold of a lot of people.
Reply 11
Original post by TheStarboy
Wow, is this really the view people hold about left-wing movements in this country? Propaganda has really taken ahold of a lot of people.

Wooooosh...

It isn't "propaganda" if BLMUK (I know we're talking about the US) have openly stated that they are Marxist.

BLM has been hijacked by the far-left, and is being used as a stepping stone to forward far-left policies like abolishing the Police.

Far-left organisations like AntiFa, for instance, are using BLM.
Wooooosh...

It isn't "propaganda" if BLMUK (I know we're talking about the US) have openly stated that they are Marxist.

BLM has been hijacked by the far-left, and is being used as a stepping stone to forward far-left policies like abolishing the Police.

Far-left organisations like AntiFa, for instance, are using BLM.

BLM originally was a left wing movement. How can they be hijacked by their own side?
BLMUK is an organisation, the movement on the other hand isn’t related to them.
Antifa is an American movement, we had our own in the 90s but it dissolved.
Reply 13
Surprisingly good points made by Mr Crews. Lemon is being, well, a lemon.

I do wonder when some of tsr's resident lunatics start calling for Crews to be silenced for his 'internalized racism' and call him a 'coconut' :rolleyes:
Reply 14
BLM originally was a left wing movement. How can they be hijacked by their own side?

By definition the two are related though..

Did you not see the protests in London and other major cities where UK adherents to this most quaint of groups showed up? Political movements (like the blm lot) don't tend to respect borders.
In the USA the most dangerous thing in the world to Democrats is an influential black person with an independent mind. That's why Lemon talked over him and tried to close him down.
Just watch how they will set their attack dogs in the MSM onto Kanye West if he does run.
Not because they think he will beat Creepy Joe, but because they only need to lose 15% of the black vote to anyone for them to be toast in November and the great orange one to win again.
(edited 3 years ago)
To me Terry Crews just comes off as toned deaf. Black on black crime doesn't exist it's just crime. People commit crime due to poverty and low education, due to slavery, segregation, jim crow and mass incarceration most black people in America are only 1 to 3 generations away from extreme poverty, because of this black communities haven't been able gain generational wealth, causing many black families to still be in poverty.

Instead of focusing on this Terry chooses to blame black people for a situation that they had no control of, basically giving white people who dont want any institutional change an excuse to keep things the way they are and allowing the oppression to continue.
Original post by Nabu123
To me Terry Crews just comes off as toned deaf. Black on black crime doesn't exist it's just crime. People commit crime due to poverty and low education, due to slavery, segregation, jim crow and mass incarceration most black people in America are only 1 to 3 generations away from extreme poverty, because of this black communities haven't been able gain generational wealth, causing many black families to still be in poverty.

Instead of focusing on this Terry chooses to blame black people for a situation that they had no control of, basically giving white people who dont want any institutional change an excuse to keep things the way they are and allowing the oppression to continue.

I don’t understand why no one wants to give accountability to people who commit crime if they’re black Americans. Sure, there are socio-economic factors in crime and those should be addressed but that doesn’t mean the individuals who choose to kill other people are off the hook
Original post by anime<3gaming

You are so right. Great to hear so much sense spoken on TSR, and to realise the message of the left's wickedness and moral bankruptcy is cutting through on TSR.

The problem is not Black Lives Matter as such, they are a Marxist sect who have cleverly disguised their aims with a patina of justified outrage. It is the way they have been taken up by the wider culture here. So football players take a knee, TV presenters wear BLM badges, and idiots like Lewis Hamilton are idolised rather than ridiculed. If he cared about this country in any way shape or form why does he live in Monaco and pay no tax at all into our society?

You are actually correct here, surprisingly enough.

Black Lives Matter was set up by two Marxists, it has always had the agenda of overthrowing capitalism.

As for the "movement" what does that even mean? The foot soldiers (and what they think) are irrelevant. They are puppets with their strings pulled by the organisers in the shadows. Useful idiots as Lenin called them. Middle class woke white women screaming at black cops about how racist they are.

Quick Reply

Latest