The Student Room Group

What are your top questions about Results Day, Adjustment and Clearing?

Results Day for A-Levels on the 13th August is coming around quick. However, there is so much that has changed in the last few months and it can be difficult to keep up with all the changes, or even just find the information that you need about the usual processes that happen at this time like Clearing.

What questions do you have about Results Day and Clearing? Are you struggling with understanding how your grades will be calculated, or what Clearing Plus is? We're want to find out what information you need, and collate the top 10 questions you need the answers to before the 13th August. Then, we're going to make sure we get answers on all of these for you!

So, without further ado, what do you want to know about Results Day and Clearing 2020?
(edited 3 years ago)
I couldn’t sit my private maths gcse retake this year and contacted my university about it. They said it should be fine and I don’t have to worry. Is there any chance they would go back on their word? I am really stressed
I am curious whether the results will be given digitally or do they have to be collected in person.
Original post by Anonymous1502
I am curious whether the results will be given digitally or do they have to be collected in person.

Hi there,
They have to be collected in person, or sent through post. You can also ask a friend to receive them for you if you sign a declaration saying that they're allowed to.
Hoped this helped
hi, i am nervous about what grades i may get. do you think there will be some leniency this year?
Original post by XDaJokerz
hi, i am nervous about what grades i may get. do you think there will be some leniency this year?

I would think universities would be more understanding considering the position students have been put in. If I you are going to uni i'd call the unis you have chosen as your firm and insurance ask if they would be lenient if you missed a grade.
Original post by coffeerush24
I would think universities would be more understanding considering the position students have been put in. If I you are going to uni i'd call the unis you have chosen as your firm and insurance ask if they would be lenient if you missed a grade.

Yeah i believe that too, but i believe this false for degree's in high demand such as medicine as there is always someone better
Original post by OptiWeight
Yeah i believe that too, but i believe this false for degree's in high demand such as medicine as there is always someone better

Yes definitely if your are aiming for competitive course or uni then it will be harder. However also in that respect there may be some lower ranked unis that may also offer a course like Medicine and may take you in. Theres also the fact that if say your only in year 13 and you didnt meet the grades then whats the harm of adding another year by doing the Autumn exams.
Original post by Anonymous1502

It depends on the school, mine sends them out digitally every year and you only go in if you want to be in the celebration photo mid-morning. Others do usually do it in person, but I imagine most will send them digitally this year :smile:
Whoever's afraid only of that, is in a very comfortable situation.

Grades aren't of much help if you can't afford to pay for a room and food while studying.
I'm currently selling anything I can to get money for deposits.
Original post by coffeerush24
Yes definitely if your are aiming for competitive course or uni then it will be harder. However also in that respect there may be some lower ranked unis that may also offer a course like Medicine and may take you in. Theres also the fact that if say your only in year 13 and you didnt meet the grades then whats the harm of adding another year by doing the Autumn exams.

Even in low ranked unis , there are still people waiting on the reserve list that will get the grades Or have the grades (Like me😓😓).
Is it likely Anglia Ruskin will go into clearing for medicine this year?
Original post by Banshee123
Is it likely Anglia Ruskin will go into clearing for medicine this year?

Ring them up and ask them.
is economics a subject in high demand during this virus.
Do you think uni's this year will be more lenient if we miss a grade or 2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending