The Student Room Group

autumn exams

for those of you who are sitting the October a level exams, how are you revising right now?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by libbyab
for those of you who are sitting the October a level exams, how are you revising right now?

I'm not yet... should I? :frown:
I wish I had the motivation to revise for them :frown:
Original post by etienne26

honestly im barely motivated , ive got an online tutor helping me here and there but i do study like 1-2 hours every now and then i know its not enough but its something. only reason i dont have motivation is the fear that they might cancel them one more time and ill be left without grades.
Reply 4
Original post by ButchGT
I'm not yet... should I? :frown:

ah I don't know, I have no motivation and im worried im going to forget everything :frown:
Reply 5

same its so difficult, I would do anything to be in a classroom rn
Reply 6
Original post by Anthony1912
honestly im barely motivated , ive got an online tutor helping me here and there but i do study like 1-2 hours every now and then i know its not enough but its something. only reason i dont have motivation is the fear that they might cancel them one more time and ill be left without grades.

thats more than im doing tbf, its so hard to revise when you've done nothing for 3 months. its all just stressful
Are you revising all 3 A levels
Reply 8
Original post by Kornershopbandit
Are you revising all 3 A levels

I haven't really revised any but im trying to focus more on maths and chemistry. haven't even looked at a biology textbook since march. You?
Original post by libbyab
thats more than im doing tbf, its so hard to revise when you've done nothing for 3 months. its all just stressful

ifkr. few months ago i was going hard asf with medschool dreams but now its as if nothing matters anymore its like torture istg
Reply 10
Original post by Anthony1912
ifkr. few months ago i was going hard asf with medschool dreams but now its as if nothing matters anymore its like torture

fr I wish I was interested in an easier career. I have a question tho, if we don't sit the autumn exams and sit the 2021 normal exams, is that considered a resit? like would unis accept it or not
Original post by libbyab
I haven't really revised any but im trying to focus more on maths and chemistry. haven't even looked at a biology textbook since march. You?

I think it will be criminal if i get anything less than a B in history so I’m only revising for my other two A levels
If we do miss the grades do we resume school in September and sit exams in October or do we revise from home and then take the exams like a private candidate
Original post by Super_M8rio
If we do miss the grades do we resume school in September and sit exams in October or do we revise from home and then take the exams like a private candidate

No idea but seeing as I didn’t go through all of the content I’d like to have at least a few taught lessons on topics we haven’t covered
I haven’t even touched a book :frown:
We haven't even finished the syllabus for Maths, two of the hardest topics were at the end. I know we have finished school, but I feel my school has abandoned us.
(edited 3 years ago)

I doubt they are going to let us in school again, September is hectic enough for them. There is already another Year 13 class.
Reply 17
We haven't even finished the syllabus for Maths, two of the hardest topics were at the end. I know we have finished school, but I feel my school has abandoned us.

same! and the school has hardly even messaged us or given us any guidance or info. they didn't even mention online classes
Reply 18

we revise at home and then take the exams like a private candidate. going to school for a month wouldn't do much, especially since they'd only be teaching the beginning go the syllabus and not the hard stuff. plus there just wouldn't be enough space
Original post by libbyab

Im actually very far behind. I dont expect to finish the spec anytime before october... I just hope the boundaries will be lower than usual

Quick Reply

Latest