The Student Room Group

Tories at it again - NHS parking

They're going to start charging NHS staff for parking again once coronavirus eases. How disgusting. Clapping for them for 10 weeks without doing **** talking about how much they appreciate the NHS to only start charging them again for parking. They put the NHS in the most vulnerable position because they failed to put effective measures in place early enough then left the burden on NHS staff and are now making them pay again for parking.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tories showing their support for the NHS. Clamp for carers!
Original post by Aloveraa
They're going to start charging NHS staff for parking again once coronavirus eases. How disgusting. Clapping for them for 10 weeks without doing **** talking about how much they appreciate the NHS to only start charging them again for parking. They put the NHS in the most vulnerable position because they failed to put effective measures in place early enough then left the burden on NHS staff and are now making them pay again for parking.

Perhaps you'll be able to transfer the value of your £10 Eat Out Voucher to your parking for your Outpatients parking fees.
Reply 3
Pretty sure there's been no change in NHS treatment by the government even after all this. All the clapping was performative and easy. This is what we need to change guys, abolish this stupid almost 2-party system and make it single transferable vote. That would fix a lot.
Colour me shocked....🙄
I don't work in the NHS so good try. Just feel like it was performative nonsense by the tory government throwing the NHS into the most vulnerable state then instead of the government increasing their pay, started clapping for 10 weeks and now after all the emotionally draining efforts of NHS staff when covid dies down they want to start charging them again. Nice to know you look down on the benefits given to NHS staffs while risking their life working with covid patients though and see that as a reason they should start paying for parking again though.

What in earth are you bleating on about? I'm agreeing with you!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Reality Check
What in earth are you bleating on about? I'm agreeing with you

I thought you were looking down on the basic benefits given to nurses working during the pandemic and providing that as a reason they should pay for parking.
I thought you were looking down on the basic benefits given to nurses working during the pandemic and providing that as a reason they should pay for parking.

It was irony...
Reply 8
If the NHS hadn’t put their car parks in private hands this problem would never have arisen.
Original post by Reality Check
What in earth are you bleating on about? I'm agreeing with you!

I don't work in the NHS so good try. Just feel like it was performative nonsense by the tory government throwing the NHS into the most vulnerable state then instead of the government increasing their pay, started clapping for 10 weeks and now after all the emotionally draining efforts of NHS staff when covid dies down they want to start charging them again. Nice to know you look down on the benefits given to NHS staffs while risking their life working with covid patients though and see that as a reason they should start paying for parking again though.

:toofunny:
Reply 10
Original post by nutz99
If the NHS hadn’t put their car parks in private hands this problem would never have arisen.

It wasn't the NHS, it was the tory government.
Reply 11
It wasn't the NHS, it was the tory government.

Complete wrong. Each NHS Trust decides themselves if they think it will be more profitable to let private companies manage their car parks. The fact that most NHS trusts mismanaged their own car parks is a contributing factor! Yet private companies are making huge profits. Comes down to the bad management in the NHS again.
Reply 12
The government never charged for parking. It's down to individual trusts to set policy and charges, or dump them into private hands, etc.

I think the government should cover those fees for NHS staff, but calling it a 'Tory' problem when hospital parking charges existed under the last Labour government, and they didn't get rid of them, is a bit silly.
Reply 13
Original post by nutz99
Complete wrong. Each NHS Trust decides themselves if they think it will be more profitable to let private companies manage their car parks. The fact that most NHS trusts mismanaged their own car parks is a contributing factor! Yet private companies are making huge profits. Comes down to the bad management in the NHS again.

Original post by Neilos
The government never charged for parking. It's down to individual trusts to set policy and charges, or dump them into private hands, etc.

I think the government should cover those fees for NHS staff, but calling it a 'Tory' problem when hospital parking charges existed under the last Labour government, and they didn't get rid of them, is a bit silly.

The government covered the cost during the pandemic but when corona dies down they want to stop funding it. I just think its a bit selfish of them to clap for 10 weeks, not give NHS workers a pay rise and then when all their efforts have been used to treat the virus and lower the peak, to make them go and start paying for parking again.
Reply 14
The government covered the cost during the pandemic but when corona dies down they want to stop funding it. I just think its a bit selfish of them to clap for 10 weeks, not give NHS workers a pay rise and then when all their efforts have been used to treat the virus and lower the peak, to make them go and start paying for parking again.

Don’t you think the NHS managers should have had it written into the contract with the private parking companies that staff get free parking. Not the government’s fault that the NHS is mismanaged!
Not sure how the Tories are being blamed for this...
Original post by nutz99
Not the government’s fault that the NHS is mismanaged!

This is the most idiotic thing I've read on TSR today.

Making sure public services are adequately managed is what the government does.

It is quite literally their job.

And after 10 years in government, the Conservatives are still overseeing a mismanaged NHS. Stop trying to excuse failure.
Reply 17
Original post by Trotsky's Ghost
This is the most idiotic thing I've read on TSR today.

Making sure public services are adequately managed is what the government does.

It is quite literally their job.

And after 10 years in government, the Conservatives are still overseeing a mismanaged NHS. Stop trying to excuse failure.

I’m afraid that your post reeks of “let’s blame the tories for everything”. You obviously know nothing about the NHS which has been mismanaged by its own appointed managers not by the government. Plus the NHS has had incompetent managers for a lot longer than 10 years. Why do you think they privatised the car parks in the first place?
Reply 18
Original post by nutz99
I’m afraid that your post reeks of “let’s blame the tories for everything”. You obviously know nothing about the NHS which has been mismanaged by its own appointed managers not by the government. Plus the NHS has had incompetent managers for a lot longer than 10 years. Why do you think they privatised the car parks in the first place?

Might be due to the government not giving adequate pay or number of staff. NHS staff are overworked and burdened by the failures of the government. & then if they don't meet the 4 hours wait time hospitals are fined.
A trust is fined £120 every time its failure to treat an A&E patient within four hours leads to it breaching the duty to deal with 95% of such cases within four hours.
"NHS trust bosses slam £600m hospital fines over patient targets"
Reply 19
Might be due to the government not giving adequate pay or number of staff. NHS staff are overworked and burdened by the failures of the government. & then if they don't meet the 4 hours wait time hospitals are fined.
A trust is fined £120 every time its failure to treat an A&E patient within four hours leads to it breaching the duty to deal with 95% of such cases within four hours.
"NHS trust bosses slam £600m hospital fines over patient targets"

WTF has that got to do with car parking which the Trusts agreed to privatise when they could have simply managed it themselves and brought in more money, which pretty much nullifies your argument. You are blaming the government for NHS failures. I'm assuming you don't know anyone who works for the NHS in a medical capacity as they would tell you that the internal management has been sh*te for a long long time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending