The Student Room Group

Can you tell the intelligence in these people?

Why do people say they cant identify intelligent people from the face?

Scroll to see replies

they have very similar neutral facial expression. without knowing who those people are, i don't think that is enough to conclude they are intelligent.
Reply 2
Original post by MalcolmX
they have very similar neutral facial expression. without knowing who those people are, i don't think that is enough to conclude they are intelligent.

If its not enough, your intelligence is most likely not enough
Original post by JokesOnYoo
If its not enough, your intelligence is most likely not enough

you think a facial expression is enough to classify someone as intelligent/not-intelligent?
Reply 4
you think a facial expression is enough to classify someone as intelligent/not-intelligent?

The face is enough, in particularly the eyes
The face is enough, in particularly the eyes

why?
why?

Smh they are all very similar!! Background colour of eyes is white, black dot in the middle. Colour in the middle varies a bit but shouldn't throw you off too much
Original post by tipexmaster25
Smh they are all very similar!! Background colour of eyes is white, black dot in the middle. Colour in the middle varies a bit but shouldn't throw you off too much

and what is to say you cannot find people of average/low iq with those traits?

it is a biased sample to fallaciously prove a point.
Reply 8
why?

Because the eyes are apart of the brain, the optical nerve is connected to the thalamus which then connects to the occipital lobe.
The thalamus is responsible for relaying sensory information across the brain, higher neural activity of the brain can be seen in the eyes, it usually manifests as brighter eyes, the focus of the eyes determines a persons logical ability.
(edited 3 years ago)
Because the eyes are apart of the brain, the optical nerve is connected to the thalamus which then connects to the occipital lobe.
The thalamus is responsible for relaying sensory information across the brain, higher neural activity of the brain can be seen in the eyes

hmm, neuroscience is not my speciality. is there research proving this assertion?
The thalamus is responsible for relaying sensory information across the brain, higher neural activity of the brain can be seen in the eyes

damn
and what is to say you cannot find people of average/low iq with those traits?

it is a biased sample to fallaciously prove a point.

Ah yes, my mistake sorry. The presence of a nose and mouth is also often required. This is a subtle nod to the fact that most humans use them to breathe, which aids survival.
hmm, neuroscience is not my speciality. is there research proving this assertion?

Honestly if you cant differentiate the intelligence levels youre probably not very intelligent.
https://www.nature.com/articles/srep34116
Original post by tipexmaster25

I sometimes like to carry around a dull look in my eyes. Just to make some people think I'm stupid. To throw them off their guard.
Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes...you're under. ... the eyes, the eyes,. Thanks, you may continue posting.
You mean when people have a glint in their eye? It’s because they are focused, and that’s often associated with intelligence:smile:
you really have a thing against people who don't fit in your definition of "smart/intelligence"
Honestly if you cant differentiate the intelligence levels youre probably not very intelligent.

cba debating with rude people. you are high on dunning-kruger. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

I can assure you they are :^_^:
The eyes tell you everything you ever need to kmow about a person :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest