The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Optometry at Aston

Are Aston lenient in terms of entry grades as AAA is quite high! Also, what are some points I should write about to stand out in my PS?
Hi! I've just finished college and I'm planning on studying Optometry at Aston this September. When I applied, their website originally said the requirement was AAB, however after my interview, I received an offer of ABB. So they can be lenient! :smile:

As for your personal statement, make sure your opening paragraph explains why you want to study Optom and a brief idea of what you want to do in the future. Definitely mention your work experience at an optician and go into depth about what you learnt e.g. the equipment you saw being used, dealing with difficult scenarios, how to communicate with patients.

If you haven't been able to do work experience at an optician, mention any other work experience/volunteering/extra curriculars which helped you develop the key skills an Optometrist needs like communication, empathy, organisational skills etc.

Hope this helps :smile: Good luck with your application! And feel free to ask me any other questions
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I've just finished college and I'm planning on studying Optometry at Aston this September. When I applied, their website originally said the requirement was AAB, however after my interview, I received an offer of ABB. So they can be lenient! :smile:

As for your personal statement, make sure your opening paragraph explains why you want to study Optom and a brief idea of what you want to do in the future. Definitely mention your work experience at an optician and go into depth about what you learnt e.g. the equipment you saw being used, dealing with difficult scenarios, how to communicate with patients.

If you haven't been able to do work experience at an optician, mention any other work experience/volunteering/extra curriculars which helped you develop the key skills an Optometrist needs like communication, empathy, organisational skills etc.

Hope this helps :smile: Good luck with your application! And feel free to ask me any other questions

Thank you so much!! Very helpful!
Hi, is there any one who's starting Optometry this September
Original post by Gtsdfv543578
Hi, is there any one who's starting Optometry this September

I am :smile:
I am :smile:

Hi ya,
Omg are you excited ? Thursday was a rough one, i got in through clearing!
My names Sabah
Reply 6
Do you guys know if there is a good acceptance rate into optom from astons foundation course. Also i wanted to ask, in optom are there sales targets where you sell glasses like a sales assitant? Also sorry but do you guys read personal statements and suggest changes? goood luck on your new course
Reply 7
Hi ya,
Omg are you excited ? Thursday was a rough one, i got in through clearing!
My names Sabah

wat was the grade requirements to get in and gllll
Original post by jibzkips
wat was the grade requirements to get in and gllll

I got in with ABBB (I got a B in a EPQ too ) which i think they did consider too
A in English Lit
B in Chem & Bio
xxx
Reply 9
Would Aston accept AAB as it says AAA? How do they decide to lower the grade requirements for individuals? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest