The Student Room Group

My personal statement for law (scottish unis)

Hi, can someone please
give me feedback on my Law personal statement? I have so far been told it's really good but doesn't show enough about me and really want some good feedback.
Original post by Bethpowriex
Hi, can someone please
give me feedback on my Law personal statement? I have so far been told it's really good but doesn't show enough about me and really want some good feedback.

Hey Beth!

I can't read your full personal statement to give you feedback, but I'm more than happy to help you brainstorm ideas! :smile: What is it you're finding most tricky about bringing in your personality to it?

The Personal Statement can be a strange thing to start writing if it's the first time you've had to properly 'sell yourself'! Law applications are highly competitive, so it's important that you do what you can to stand out from the crowd. Think about some of the qualities that make a successful lawyer, and in what ways you have these qualities too. Are you a good communicator? Do you have excellent attention to detail? Have you experienced a time where you've had to debate your point or negotiate with someone?

Also, do you have any hobbies/extra curricular tasks that you love doing?

Not sure if you've already seen, but the Strathclyde Student Recruitment team are running webinars on different topics over the next few months. One of the topics we're presenting is on the UCAS process and writing your Personal Statement, which I think would be super relevant for you to listen to! You'll have a chance to hear what we like to see in a statement, how to structure it and give you some useful do's and don'ts. The next one is on the 22nd July so definitely have a think about getting involved!

Let me know what you're thinking and we can discuss what your next steps could be! :smile:

-Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
TSR can review your personal statement and you can find out how and more information here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4237154 (Don't post your PS on here except the private forum mentioned in that link)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending