The Student Room Group

Modelling agency scam or no scam?

I have been invited to a free photo shoot at White Chapel Studio in London (23 Hessel Street London E1 2LR). Does anyone know if this is a scam? I live in Devon and will cost me time and money to make it there and I have no clue on this just wondering if anyone knows wether this is a scam or not? Any info will be much appreciated!! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

How much do you know about this agency?

Free shoot as in the photos are for your portfolio free of charge or you are an unpaid ‘model’?
Reply 2
Hey did you get an email in your inbox and then had to send a picture in ? I got one from a modelling agency and also got a free shoot but I never went simply because their website lacked information !!its called something along the lines of London models but I wouldn’t fully trust them :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by leopard202

Free shoot as in the photos are for your portfolio free of charge or you are an unpaid ‘model’?

You get a free shoot as in they want to see how you act in front of the camera, that’s what I was emailed
(edited 3 years ago)
Be very careful.
Are they a reputable modelling agebcy? Is there any way of contacting past or current models about their experience here?
And how did this start in the first place? Did they contact you over social media? Or did you send a portfolio in?
If you do choose to go, absolutely bring at least one other older person with you, a parent preferably (if you’re young) or some good friends. I’ve heard to often of young girls being tricked into fake modelling photo shoots for horrible reasons and saddening results.
Keep yourself safe.
Reply 5
Original post by Billyrobertson
I have been invited to a free photo shoot at White Chapel Studio in London (23 Hessel Street London E1 2LR). Does anyone know if this is a scam? I live in Devon and will cost me time and money to make it there and I have no clue on this just wondering if anyone knows wether this is a scam or not? Any info will be much appreciated!! :smile:

Scam, avoid. Just another name for one of the many dodgy studios around.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5697732&page=8

Last post mentions them being at this address.

And a few very new reviews of said studio on Trustpilot.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Someone posted in an old thread saying that the ‘agencies’ associated with Whitechapel Studios were a scam.

“t’s a scam. They are also based in Whitechapel studios on 23 Hessel street in whitechapel.
I got there, got my photoshoot then the guy assessing me (Dominic his fake name I guess) told me there are two agencies willing to work with me and that one already wants me to go for the interview: Fusion Management.
He said in order to do this I need to get a portofolio from them ranging from £300 to £1000. I said I am currently on maternity leave and haven’t got the money then he offered to negociate to pay only £200. I said I will think about it so then he was trying to put pressure on me saying “What will the agency think is I say that to them?” I said I need to discuss it with my husband but he was trying to persue me to not go home as I will need to come back and just give him a call. I knew then something was fishy.”
Reply 7
Original post by Neilos

:s-smilie: Ah mate I can’t thank you enough I appreciate that so much :’)
Original post by leopard202

Thank you for a reply
i wouldn't trust it.
Original post by itscourtchicks
Be very careful.
Are they a reputable modelling agebcy? Is there any way of contacting past or current models about their experience here?
And how did this start in the first place? Did they contact you over social media? Or did you send a portfolio in?
If you do choose to go, absolutely bring at least one other older person with you, a parent preferably (if you’re young) or some good friends. I’ve heard to often of young girls being tricked into fake modelling photo shoots for horrible reasons and saddening results.
Keep yourself safe.

Thank you so much for the reply very deeply appreciated, all of you :smile:
Original post by Neilos

Mate thank you so much you’re all amazing
Original post by Bexjw
Someone posted in an old thread saying that the ‘agencies’ associated with Whitechapel Studios were a scam.

“t’s a scam. They are also based in Whitechapel studios on 23 Hessel street in whitechapel.
I got there, got my photoshoot then the guy assessing me (Dominic his fake name I guess) told me there are two agencies willing to work with me and that one already wants me to go for the interview: Fusion Management.
He said in order to do this I need to get a portofolio from them ranging from £300 to £1000. I said I am currently on maternity leave and haven’t got the money then he offered to negociate to pay only £200. I said I will think about it so then he was trying to put pressure on me saying “What will the agency think is I say that to them?” I said I need to discuss it with my husband but he was trying to persue me to not go home as I will need to come back and just give him a call. I knew then something was fishy.”

Thank you so much bex!!!! Thank you

Thank you so so much!!! You’re all amazing and I appreciate every single reply thank you all <3
As soon as I saw Whitechapel I knew it was a scam. I definitely wouldn’t travel across the country to go there of all places 😬
Original post by Mesopotamian.
As soon as I saw Whitechapel I knew it was a scam. I definitely wouldn’t travel across the country to go there of all places 😬

Yeah 100% spot on mate! thank god I got all you wonderful people available on this website ay! lol, bless you all
IT'S A SCAM, DON'T GO! I went yesterday. It was very professional. Loads of potential models waiting to get their photos taken. Then they tell you that you are a perfect model and will do well. AND THEN THEY ASK FOR £300 UPFRONT. A reputable modelling agency will never ask you to pay for anything. A real agency will:1 find you work. 2 receive your wage from the company who will use your photos and deduct 20% from your wage and pay the the rest.
Reply 18
I see You done have a answer but i have invite as well. Could You Tell me more informations If You were there ? i will be happy to Hear from You anything! :smile:
Reply 19
Did you get any info as my son offered the same

Latest

Trending

Trending