The Student Room Group

i got robbed

someone stole £89 off my bank plus some transactions fees so even more. and its from another country. and my bank isnt even replying to me and neither is uber and thats where the charges are from?????????

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
someone stole £89 off my bank plus some transactions fees so even more. and its from another country. and my bank isnt even replying to me and neither is uber and thats where the charges are from?????????

I am really sorry that must suck but it might not always be someone in that said country they might just have an overseas account
Reply 2
Original post by Unidentifiable.
I am really sorry that must suck but it might not always be someone in that said country they might just have an overseas account

it says intl so that means international, and euros so its probably a european country
it says intl so that means international, and euros so its probably a european country

I think I have spoken to you before I'm trying to give you rep but it wont work. TSR probably wont give you good information on reddit there are finance subreddits ask there should be helpful sorry I don't want to give you false hope but good luck.
Reply 4
read www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/banking/banking-security-and-fraud/

what do you mean your bank won't respond to you?
Reply 5
Original post by Joleee
read www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/banking/banking-security-and-fraud/

what do you mean your bank won't respond to you?

well they do. so basically i message them bc i have anxiety talking on the phone. i messaged them yesterday and they got me through to someone but they take so long to reply and every 2 hour they change the person who helps me and they make me start all over again explaining?
Reply 6
Original post by Unidentifiable.
I think I have spoken to you before I'm trying to give you rep but it wont work. TSR probably wont give you good information on reddit there are finance subreddits ask there should be helpful sorry I don't want to give you false hope but good luck.

wow thank you! i’m gonna go check that
Reply 7
Wow, I can't even imagine what you're going through, but if your bank is not replying, you should report this to the police.
Reply 8
Original post by Rhyall
Wow, I can't even imagine what you're going through, but if your bank is not replying, you should report this to the police.

thank you but i really cant with all that it will be too overwhelming for that aha. and i dont think they police will do anything that the bank cant? i dont know. i’m going to get my friend to call my bank for me so it will be quicker but thank you!
my friend will help me call the bank because i have anxiety talking on the phone then my bank will help me..

Are you sure that your bank will be happy discussing confidential information about your account with another person?
Original post by DrawTheLine
Are you sure that your bank will be happy discussing confidential information about your account with another person?

no i mean with her. i’ve done that before and it was easier but i cant do it by myself
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
No need to be rude. Anxiety is a serious condition and it affects people in ways many don’t understand. Things that seem so simple to you can be so challenging for those of us with anxiety.

To the OP - check out the government website as they’ll have some advice on what to do. Get your friends or family to help phone your bank or visit a branch near you. I hope it works out :smile:

exactly but thank you! i’ve done that, it just says about comtacting the bank so that i can cancel my card and i’ve done that already (:
also im going to call them with my friend hopefully
no i mean with her. i’ve done that before and it was easier but i cant do it by myself

You said your friend would phone the bank for you. I'd be surprised if the bank would be happy to discuss it with her considering it isn't her account. I'd be concerned about security if the bank did this.
Original post by Rhyall
Still doesn't change the fact that the op should report it to the police, but I don't care.

Well you could’ve said that instead of being rude about it. There’s better ways of saying “go to the police” instead of calling someone a troll just because you dont understand a mental illness. Please think your replies through before posting :smile:
Original post by Rhyall
Still doesn't change the fact that the op should report it to the police, but I don't care.

the bank reports it to the police btw.
exactly but thank you! i’ve done that, it just says about comtacting the bank so that i can cancel my card and i’ve done that already (:
also im going to call them with my friend hopefully

no worries! this happens a lot on here where people don’t understand mental health so just be wary of that haha.

and that’s good you cancelled your card! change your email passwords etc just to make sure no other info of yours is being taken.

try your best to phone the bank and see what they can do! there’s lots of help online that you can look through to support you.

good luck x
Original post by DrawTheLine
You said your friend would phone the bank for you. I'd be surprised if the bank would be happy to discuss it with her considering it isn't her account. I'd be concerned about security if the bank did this.

i’m sorry my bad. and its really just both of us talking. i provide the details of my account and she talks about whats happening yk? i’ve done it before they didn’t say theres anything wrong with it tbh
Reply 17
well they do. so basically i message them bc i have anxiety talking on the phone. i messaged them yesterday and they got me through to someone but they take so long to reply and every 2 hour they change the person who helps me and they make me start all over again explaining?

you need to call them. i realise you have anxiety talking on the phone, but you can't expect an immediate and absolute answer by messaging your bank. my own bank says if i message them, it takes up to 5 days for a response - then what happens if they can't answer me further than the last question i asked them(?). that's why i asked you cuz i knew you hadn't called them. a phone call is the only way you're going to get an immediate response.
Original post by Joleee
you need to call them. i realise you have anxiety talking on the phone, but you can't expect an immediate and absolute answer by messaging your bank. my own bank says if i message them, it takes up to 5 days for a response - then what happens if they can't answer me further than the last question i asked them(?). that's why i asked you cuz i knew you hadn't called them. a phone call is the only way you're going to get an immediate response.

yeah you’re right thank you! i’m hoping to do it someday with my friend
Original post by Rhyall
True, but I don't buy it.

Well it’s not up to you. Just give the advice you want to give to the OP without being rude and calling them a troll. You don’t know how they’re feeling and it’s always best to handle things with some decency and politeness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending