The Student Room Group

GCSE Results Day 2020 Countdown Thread - IT'S HERE!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ᴅ ᴀ ɴ ɪ ᴇ ʟ
Tbh, I just feel meh about GCSEs Results Day because I know that I won't be getting the grades I want. The grades that I will receive in August won't even reflect my actual ability, but oh well. If we've actually done the exams, then I would be feeling terrified and excited at the same time. But in this case, I just don't care about it. Why would I care about the results that I didn't work for? They're just results of what my teachers would think I would get, not results that I will get.

prsom!:biggrin:
are you actually serious?:curious:
Reply 42
Original post by philogrobized
well done mate. hard being the younger sibling 😂. I'm sure you'll do well.

thanks for the wishes.
I'm sure you'll do great as well!
(edited 3 years ago)
I hope I get the right grades ://
Original post by aujhbk
thanks for the wishes.
I'm sure you'll do great as well!

I can't say for you lol. But I'm hoping to get 9s in Further maths, physics, chemistry, biology. 8s in history and maybe English literature. Then I really couldn't say for English language but for French perhaps a 5 or a 6 lol. I took maths RE and computer science last year so those are missing from my predictions.
Lol Boris no one asked for you to be speaking to us rn but fine 😂
Reply 46
I think someone must've told him that Y11+13 feel neglected or something 😂
Original post by CoolCavy

GCSE Results Countdown 2020 - 6 Weeks to go!

[countdown]1597878000000[/countdown]

Results day is looming and TSR tradition means we have to have a countdown thread for everyone to get to know each other, talk about their hopes/fears and generally relax (as well as sharing advice and information before the big day)! Introduce yourself; feel free to post the subjects you have done, the grades you would like, and any results day plans for the 20th

Vote in the poll above how you are feeling about the day! Goodluck everyone :grouphugs:

CAVY WHY DID YOU OUT A TIMER? Now I won’t be able to not check it without it being at least ten times a day :lol:
I am so nervous for English language. In our mocks we’d only ever sat and been taught one paper, and that was writing a story. I couldn’t do it for toffee but I love persuasive writing but we never even got taught or ever done any marked work for it, I’m super worried I will get a 5. It’s not a bad grade but my mum said if you can get an 8 in everything else you will get one in English Language. It’s such a mess :frown:
Original post by Moonbow
CAVY WHY DID YOU OUT A TIMER? Now I won’t be able to not check it without it being at least ten times a day :lol:
I am so nervous for English language. In our mocks we’d only ever sat and been taught one paper, and that was writing a story. I couldn’t do it for toffee but I love persuasive writing but we never even got taught or ever done any marked work for it, I’m super worried I will get a 5. It’s not a bad grade but my mum said if you can get an 8 in everything else you will get one in English Language. It’s such a mess :frown:

Aw sorry that you feel really pressured to get an 8 in English :hugs: Hopefully your mum will be proud of what you get regardless of the grade :smile:
Original post by RyanC_
I think someone must've told him that Y11+13 feel neglected or something 😂

I acc do lmao 😆 No work from school for 3 months and now they’re ramming A Level prep down our throats :colonhash:
Wait until he says “I thought it’d be nice, you know, to sit exams after all. They shall also be sat in a freezer, as I found one quite comfortable once while avoiding the press. If you get water on the paper when you return, you get a fail now let’s get going lads!!”. :laugh:
Original post by laurawatt
Aw sorry that you feel really pressured to get an 8 in English :hugs: Hopefully your mum will be proud of what you get regardless of the grade :smile:

Aw thank you! :jumphug:
She said she’d maybe let me off with a six :K:
Fingers crossed they did move all the grades up from one from mocks, but I don’t know how we are getting grades at all seeing as the only marked work we ever do for Lang was one mock paper. We never even had homework just this guy who ranted at us. Bless him, he tried but he’s left now and this new teacher we’ve had for a week has to pick it all up :redface:
Original post by Moonbow
Aw thank you! :jumphug:
She said she’d maybe let me off with a six :K:
Fingers crossed they did move all the grades up from one from mocks, but I don’t know how we are getting grades at all seeing as the only marked work we ever do for Lang was one mock paper. We never even had homework just this guy who ranted at us. Bless him, he tried but he’s left now and this new teacher we’ve had for a week has to pick it all up :redface:

Maybe teaching just isn’t for them :lol: you’ve got this :rave: we’ll all be proud of you, whatever your results are! :jumphug:
Okay, Boris' message was actually somewhat supportive and kind towards us!
just watched it. was allright
Reply 55
I just watched it and it seemed more like a Tory propaganda speech rather than anything of actual use, clarifying grading, results day, private candidates, 33% grades being cut from teacher predictions, Uni offers(for a level students. Not to mention him talking about “our greatest crisis since the world war” - with him not acknowledging it until it was too late. It was the equivalent of “give yourself a gold star for not doing your exams” and “our generation will rebuild the damage he has made”

The link to the speech for school leavers is on 10 Downing Streets YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.

https://twitter.com/borisjohnson/status/1281513519033319425?s=21
Reply 56
Original post by Moonbow
I acc do lmao 😆 No work from school for 3 months and now they’re ramming A Level prep down our throats :colonhash:
Wait until he says “I thought it’d be nice, you know, to sit exams after all. They shall also be sat in a freezer, as I found one quite comfortable once while avoiding the press. If you get water on the paper when you return, you get a fail now let’s get going lads!!”. :laugh:

IKR!! I've had so much A level prep work to doooo :frown:

That would be evil :lol: glad he didn't throw us a bombshell like that!
Original post by RyanC_
IKR!! I've had so much A level prep work to doooo :frown:

That would be evil :lol: glad he didn't throw us a bombshell like that!

Ikr 😂
Original post by TakeALittleWalk
Mailed most likely

nah my teacher told me that the GCSE results would be picked up from school and that it would be safe because only year 11 and a few members of staff would be attending...
Boris's (?):confused: Speech was quite reminiscent of previous speeches with the connotations to perserverance etc. Also could it have been pre-recorded before hand or was it live?

Quick Reply

Latest