The Student Room Group

Changing Masters

I've lost in interest at my current Masters Marine Sciences and I have gained a new interest Computer Sciences which I want to study at Delft. I'm not sure how to tell my mum about it.
Original post by Other_Owl
I've lost in interest at my current Masters Marine Sciences and I have gained a new interest Computer Sciences which I want to study at Delft. I'm not sure how to tell my mum about it.

Have you spoken to your university about whether you can change courses? How do you intend to fund it?
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Have you spoken to your university about whether you can change courses? How do you intend to fund it?

This is in the Netherlands, it only costs 2,143 per year and someone I know would pay it off via bank-transfer. Employment. I study at a different Dutch University.
(edited 3 years ago)
This is in the Netherlands, it only costs 2,143 per year and someone I know would pay it off via bank-transfer. Employment. I study at a different Dutch University.

Ah I see. Why do you think your mum might have a negative reaction? It's your life after all.
Reply 4
Ah I see. Why do you think your mum might have a negative reaction? It's your life after all.

She does support me all the way through but I'm just worried how she reacts.
She does support me all the way through but I'm just worried how she reacts.

If you let her know why you want to change, and that you'll be happier if you do, then she should understand.
Reply 6
If you let her know why you want to change, and that you'll be happier if you do, then she should understand.

Masters in the Netherlands are two years long.
Reply 7

I emailed academic support advisor, which the university recommends on the website. Not one the directly for my degree's department. Thanks, although I decided that I will need to have this sorted then I will tell my mum the truth.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending