The Student Room Group

Nintendo Switch

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a Nintendo switch, does anyone have one of these? If so what are they like and what games do you usually play?

Any comments would be great thanks :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

hey there! I do infact have a switch and i think its amazing:smile: being able to take it anywhere is so cool and even being able to dock it to the tv is and play handheld too is sick. I play animal crossing, legend of zelda, paladins, fortnite and more on my switch. however like every console there are some cons with it, 1) Joyconss!! - the joycons are prone to drift which i found really annoying. It got to a point where i couldn't even get my character to move in one of the games i play. i would strongly recommend to invest in a pro controller or have spare joycons so if this ever does happen to you, you have alternatives. 2) the games are so bloody expensive haha, ninetendo games have always been expensive but there are a few free games like fortnite or paladins but some things are locked and you would have to pay for DLC content. 3) not every game is on the switch and its hard for crossplay sometimes.
i would recommend not playing and charging as it does overheat, i have had mine for more than a year so it is kinda old haha. All in all, it is a cool console to have!
Literally playing mine at the moment. I've both a regular Switch and a Switch Lite.

The games I play most at the moment are Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Pokémon Sword, Cooking Mama: Cookstar, Pokémon Café Mix, and Rune Factory 4. Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town is out today and I'm currently awaiting the Amazon delivery van. :lol:
forgot to mention there is something called nintendo switch online, where you will be able to play with friends in some games and get access to exclusive games also. i paid for a year and it cost me almost £20 which is so much cheaper compared to playstation plus or xbox gamepass.
Reply 4
Hi!
Here’s my top recommendations:
Pokemon café mix, Pokémon sword and Animal Crossing new Horizons. Animal Crossing is brilliant for having a stress relief etc. :biggrin:
hiya!
i play on a switch lite, and the games i play most are: animal crossing new horizons, lego harry potter, minecraft, layton’s mystery journey, mario tennis aces and super mario party ☺️
Thank you for the comments!

Does anyone play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?
Original post by Hazelly
Thank you for the comments!

Does anyone play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

I’ve played it on my friends switch and it’s good fun and competitive haha
Original post by Lilllyyyy3
I’ve played it on my friends switch and it’s good fun and competitive haha

Haha did you win?
I got a Switch. Currently playing Pokemon Sword, cyber sleuth, stardew valley and Fire Emblem 3 houses. I have New Horizons but not played it in a while
Original post by Guru Jason
I got a Switch. Currently playing Pokemon Sword, cyber sleuth, stardew valley and Fire Emblem 3 houses. I have New Horizons but not played it in a while

Your thoughts on it? :biggrin:
Original post by Hazelly
Haha did you win?

Yesss haha jus by a bit😂
Also what is animal crossing? :lol:
Original post by Hazelly
Also what is animal crossing? :lol:

The best game of all time!
Yesss haha jus by a bit😂

glad to hear! :laugh: :woo:
Ohhh, yes, Switchs are great. Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Luigi's Mansion 3, Mario Kart 8 Duluxe, etc. are good games. :yep:

Really recommend AC:NH for anxiety and stuff like that. :redface:
It’s a game where u create your own island with animals as villagers who are cool. You can craft things, visit different islands and make your town your own u can get really creative with it. I’m doing a rick and morty themed island haha
Original post by Pathway
Ohhh, yes, Switchs are great. Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Luigi's Mansion 3, Mario Kart 8 Duluxe, etc. are good games. :yep:

Yea really helps with mine:smile:
Original post by Pathway

Thank you, looks like it’s a good console to get! :biggrin:

It’s a game where u create your own town with animals as villagers who are cool. You can craft things, visit different islands and make your town your own u can get really creative with it. I’m doing a rick and morty themed island haha

Ooh that sounds quite good, do you have to complete missions etc?
Super Mario Odyssey & Tetris 99 have been my most played. My partner has just finished the Borderlands collection.

Gamepass is worth getting if you like NES & SNES games.

Quick Reply

Latest