The Student Room Group

Nintendo Switch

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lilllyyyy3
The best game of all time!

Ooo :wink:
Original post by Admit-One
Super Mario Odyssey & Tetris 99 have been my most played. My partner has just finished the Borderlands collection.

Gamepass is worth getting if you like NES & SNES games.

Game pass?

I don’t play a lot games so a little bit stupid :lol:
Original post by Hazelly
Thank you, looks like it’s a good console to get! :biggrin:

Ooh that sounds quite good, do you have to complete missions etc?

:yep:

Spoiler

Yea really helps with mine:smile:

Good to hear!
Original post by Pathway
Good to hear!

Sadly I don’t think it will arrive in time, but it will be good to have for the recovery period!

(Sorry didn’t tag that right)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Hazelly
Thank you, looks like it’s a good console to get! :biggrin:

Ooh that sounds quite good, do you have to complete missions etc?

Yesss:smile: they are called nook mile missions and also there are tons of animal crossing discord servers which are great help
Original post by Hazelly
Sadly I don’t think it will arrive in time, but it will be good to have for the recovery period!

(Sorry didn’t tag that right)

Aw man, well, I hope it arrives for the recovery. :yep:
Game pass is the Nintendo switch online I was talking about
Original post by Hazelly
Game pass?

I don’t play a lot games so a little bit stupid :lol:

Apologies, it's just Nintendo's online service, (I'm using the xbox name for their version). The official name is Nintendo Switch Online.

For circa £20 a year you get:

Online play

Cloud saves

Access to a library of NES & SNES games (list here)

It's not really essential to get you started, unless you really like playing online or love retro games.
Original post by Hazelly
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a Nintendo switch, does anyone have one of these? If so what are they like and what games do you usually play?

Any comments would be great thanks :biggrin:

Me too but they are sold out everywhere, i just saw on the nintendo uk store that u cam now preorder it, but only the grey one and i want a blue red one
Original post by Hazelly
Your thoughts on it? :biggrin:

Really enjoy it. Lots of replayability and it has a great number of fantastic titles. 3 houses was a great game having never played that series before.
Original post by Hazelly
Thank you for the comments!

Does anyone play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

Yes! I don't play it much anymore but I've over 300 hours logged between the Wii U and Switch versions of this game. It's addictive! :lol:
I bought a Nintendo Switch solely for Fire Emblem: Three Houses and I don't regret it whatsoever since that game is genuinely the best I've ever played in my life (thus far). I also have The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild which I've yet to start simply because the former is so good! :rambo: I've also downloaded quite a few from the eshop like Disgaea 5 etc.

Switch is 10/10 for me. Would definitely recommend, especially if there are games you want to play on it. It served me very well when I went on a 2 week holiday to Japan last winter! Perhaps a little too well, actually... :biggrin:
Original post by Hazelly
Thank you for the comments!

Does anyone play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

Yep, great game :yy:
Original post by Pathway
Aw man, well, I hope it arrives for the recovery. :yep:

Fingers crossed!

Game pass is the Nintendo switch online I was talking about

Ah okay :smile:

Original post by Admit-One
Apologies, it's just Nintendo's online service, (I'm using the xbox name for their version). The official name is Nintendo Switch Online.

For circa £20 a year you get:

Online play

Cloud saves

Access to a library of NES & SNES games (list here)

It's not really essential to get you started, unless you really like playing online or love retro games.

No worries, and that makes sense. I would probably just play single player :biggrin:

Original post by MadMaths
Me too but they are sold out everywhere, i just saw on the nintendo uk store that u cam now preorder it, but only the grey one and i want a blue red one

Ah fair enough, hope you can get the one you want soon!

Original post by sinfonietta
Yes! I don't play it much anymore but I've over 300 hours logged between the Wii U and Switch versions of this game. It's addictive! :lol:

Oh wow! Guess it's a good game then :tongue:

Original post by Quick-use
I bought a Nintendo Switch solely for Fire Emblem: Three Houses and I don't regret it whatsoever since that game is genuinely the best I've ever played in my life (thus far). I also have The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild which I've yet to start simply because the former is so good! :rambo: I've also downloaded quite a few from the eshop like Disgaea 5 etc.

Switch is 10/10 for me. Would definitely recommend, especially if there are games you want to play on it. It served me very well when I went on a 2 week holiday to Japan last winter! Perhaps a little too well, actually... :biggrin:

Glad to hear that the game was really good, I didn't expect the switch to be so good from the reviews on TSR!
hollow knight
Thinking of buying a new Switch game to occupy me as I'm getting really bored haha. So far I've just got Pokemon ones: Sword, Let's Go, Mystery Dungeon DX. I'm considering buying Luigi's Mansion 3, even though I haven't played the first couple. Is it worth the £50? Mainly in terms of longevity.
Original post by Legomenon
Thinking of buying a new Switch game to occupy me as I'm getting really bored haha. So far I've just got Pokemon ones: Sword, Let's Go, Mystery Dungeon DX. I'm considering buying Luigi's Mansion 3, even though I haven't played the first couple. Is it worth the £50? Mainly in terms of longevity.

The game is really good according to all my friends that have played it and I’m also thinking of getting it, imo it would be worth it
The game is really good according to all my friends that have played it and I’m also thinking of getting it, imo it would be worth it

I've also been informed that a new Paper Mario is coming out soon so I'm a bit torn. I haven't played any of the paper mario games before either. Wish I could get both but they're so expensive :sad:
Original post by Legomenon
I've also been informed that a new Paper Mario is coming out soon so I'm a bit torn. I haven't played any of the paper mario games before either. Wish I could get both but they're so expensive :sad:

Sameeee hahah i haven’t seen any gameplays of the paper mario either lol
Reply 39
I would get one but I’d only get it to play animal crossing so I may as well pass. I’ll stick to my original animal crossing game that is ageing well I must say. 😂😭

Quick Reply

Latest