The Student Room Group

***Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2021 Thread**

Scroll to see replies

Are there any more Consulting spring weeks rather than the two which the thread has mentioned?(Missed the BCG one as I've just seen it today), cheers!
I'm wondering how I can fill in the GPA/Grade section for spring week application when I haven't even started uni yet...
Reply 22
Can I apply in my first year if I'm doing a 4 year course but I might want to change to a 3 year one later?
Original post by Athxrv
Can I apply in my first year if I'm doing a 4 year course but I might want to change to a 3 year one later?

i wonder too
Does anyone know what sort of psychometric tests are used and how to prepare for them?
everyone here has some relevant work experience? I have nothing since I'm international student and it's uncommon in my place to have job shadowing/work experience for high school students. I have no finance related activities, really don't know what to do with cv now. covid 19 makes it impossible to join anything rn. i have lots of experience in tech, but it doesn't help much in finance. none of the activities i joined are impressive enough, like club president in high school, public speaking competition.. is there anything i can do?
Reply 26
Can you apply to spring weeks as a gap year student?
Hey guys. If anybody has any tips on the cover letter/ personal statement and CV, i would sincerely appreciate some help
Are people putting in predicted uni classification? Seems a bit premature and without foundation to put one when we haven’t started uni yet lol but idk if they expect one???
Reply 29
Original post by honeydukes01
Are people putting in predicted uni classification? Seems a bit premature and without foundation to put one when we haven’t started uni yet lol but idk if they expect one???

Yeah you put it in since it asks you when you fill in the application to banks like Goldman, but it's obvious that it may not be accurate so just pop in a 1st or a 2nd.
Original post by Athxrv
Yeah you put it in since it asks you when you fill in the application to banks like Goldman, but it's obvious that it may not be accurate so just pop in a 1st or a 2nd.

oh sick! do you reckon predicting a cheeky 1st makes you look cocky or is it okay?
Wondering how shall we prepare for online tests? Thanks for help.
Is it better to wait till you are in uni to apply or is it better to apply before uni? Only asking because you will be unable to put down uni societies/sports on your application.
should i apply if im international student and didn't do any impressive activities/finance related in high school? i only have public speaking competitions, president of a school club, some tech competitions.
none of those competitions are well known in the UK.
do almost all student who got in spring weeks has impressive finance related experience? internships for high school students are rare in my country.,
Original post by Utd4life0101
Is it better to wait till you are in uni to apply or is it better to apply before uni? Only asking because you will be unable to put down uni societies/sports on your application.

Wait till you're in - wait till grades are confirmed, for now begin doing research on events and virtual coffees you could attended so you know more about which programs and divisions you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhHZKEYKBo
Original post by honeydukes01
oh sick! do you reckon predicting a cheeky 1st makes you look cocky or is it okay?

If you put predicted 1st and you're applying before December you'll look silly because what work have you done or submitted to even warrant such a prediction. The general rule is to predict 2.1 - isn't really even brought up at interview.
Original post by Anas0978
Hey guys. If anybody has any tips on the cover letter/ personal statement and CV, i would sincerely appreciate some help

Message me - I'll take a look.

Currently free, completed internships at Goldman, Credit Suisse and Blackrock, can prove it too if makes you feel better
Original post by rebellionium
should i apply if im international student and didn't do any impressive activities/finance related in high school? i only have public speaking competitions, president of a school club, some tech competitions.
none of those competitions are well known in the UK.
do almost all student who got in spring weeks has impressive finance related experience? internships for high school students are rare in my country.,

Apply you have nothing to lose, my Goldman Spring cohort had applicants from all over Europe, you'll have a chance, just make sure you sell your self well via the bullet points on cv
Original post by Athxrv

You can but you'll most likely get rejected. Wait to apply in your second year - focus on attending insight days, society positions and building up your skill set, you'll have a whole year in advance to prepare.

The Spring is so you can get an offer for a Summer internship and the Summer is to secure a full time role - you'd literally be stealing a place from other applicants so its unlikely you'll be accepted. Wait till 2nd year
Hi there,

I was just wondering whether the application process for spring weeks in the Engineering/Technology divisions are as competitive as they are for Investment Banking. I just skimmed through previous threads and was pretty surprised as I hadn't expected the majority of applicants to already have work experience/extracurriculars. It made me a little worried. How would you estimate my chances with this profile?

- Abitur/A-Levels: 1.0 (best possible grade), I guess it's equivalent to A*A*A(*)

- subject of study: physics (at one of the great STEM universities in Germany - however, the concept of target universities doesn't really exist here)

- ECs/work experience: I already studied physics at university during my last year of high school (achieved best possible grade); I'm a part-time (voluntary) software engineer at a NGO providing help for developing countries; I'm currently contributing to open-source educational software; other non-tech stuff such as working at a supermarket, tutoring maths - those are not worth including, are they?

Good luck with your applications!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending