The Student Room Group

korean drama recommendations

Welp, I got addicted to Korean drama's in quarantine
'sigh'
But i digress.
Baso I need recommendations. My first one was Itaewon class twas a banger imo, then I watched like 20 diff romance and random ones, then memories of Alhambra and now W - two worlds apart.
I'm baso looking for shows with a lil twist as in 'Alhambra' they have that sword art online ting goin' on, then 'Itaewon class' was just beautiful with the protag building a business from scratch and getting revenge, etc and in 'W' the webtoon is coming to life ygm i wanna watch stuff like that, not just the typical basic plot that I already know the ending too :/
ffs I can't explain what im looking for properly but any help is appreciated lmao :wink:
(edited 3 years ago)
I've watched all the dramas you mentioned and loved them to bits so you might like these too :smile:

Black is so AMAZINGGG (has plot twists left right centre)
Goblin (i literally loved everything from cinematography to OSTs to the characters and plot)
Legend of the Blue sea (jokeeeeees and just amazing overall)
Chicago Typewriter ( i loved the whole concept of the past with present)
Hotel del Luna
She was Pretty ( its sooo funny)
Shopping King Loui
Bride of the Water God
Suspicious Partner (amazing plot an keeps you on the edge)
Crash Landing on You
Ghost Train
Vagabond ( amazing action)
The King Eternal Monarch
While you were sleeping
Korean Odyssey
My ID is gangnam beauty
Whats wrong with Secretary Kim
You who came from the stars (man this is the classic og drama full of banter)
Diary of a psychopath

this is just some otherwise this list would go on for ages :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by fairylight778
Crash Landing on You

seconded!!!!

i haven't watched many kdramas but crash landing on you has got to be one of the best i've ever seen. the perfect mix of romance, comedy, angst... ahh!!
I suggest looking into Goblin, it's got the supernatural mystic vibe you're looking for. Also, My love from the star is a good shout (the whole fit alien from outer space) recommend that one. A really good aesthetically pleasing one is It's Okay to not be okay, really enjoying this one, focuses a lot on mental health and the coping mechanisms of different individuals in their day to day life. Here's a list of really good ones:biggrin: descendants of the sun (NO.1)The K2, Uncontrollably Fond,Crash Landing on you, Sky Castle (SOOOO GOOD)A Korean odyssey (seems like your type) Cheese in the trap, The Heirs, Healer and Extracurricular (a personal favourite)
(edited 3 years ago)
It's okay not to be okay! It's on netflix and it's tackles mental health
I've watched all the dramas you mentioned and loved them to bits so you might like these too :smile:

Black is so AMAZINGGG (has plot twists left right centre)
Goblin (i literally loved everything from cinematography to OSTs to the characters and plot)
Legend of the Blue sea (jokeeeeees and just amazing overall)
Chicago Typewriter ( i loved the whole concept of the past with present)
Hotel del Luna
She was Pretty ( its sooo funny)
Shopping King Loui
Bride of the Water God
Suspicious Partner (amazing plot an keeps you on the edge)
Crash Landing on You
Ghost Train
Vagabond ( amazing action)
The King Eternal Monarch
While you were sleeping
Korean Odyssey
My ID is gangnam beauty
Whats wrong with Secretary Kim
You who came from the stars (man this is the classic og drama full of banter)
Diary of a psychopath

this is just some otherwise this list would go on for ages :wink:

MY GGGGG TYSM! <3
u even took the time to explain some :wink:
haha it should last me some time - 1 show is typically 16 eps right? so 1 show lasts me 2 days max :/ binging ftw aye lol
Original post by imfailingggg
I suggest looking into Goblin, it's got the supernatural mystic vibe you're looking for. Also, My love from the star is a good shout (the whole fit alien from outer space) recommend that one. A really good aesthetically pleasing one is It's Okay to not be okay, really enjoying this one, focuses a lot on mental health and the coping mechanisms of different individuals in their day to day life. Here's a list of really good ones:biggrin: descendants of the sun (NO.1)The K2, Uncontrollably Fond,Crash Landing on you, Sky Castle (SOOOO GOOD)A Korean odyssey (seems like your type) Cheese in the trap, The Heirs, Healer and Extracurricular (a personal favourite)

Original post by zlatoslav1129
It's okay not to be okay! It's on netflix and it's tackles mental health

thank youuuuuu guys xD :smile:
ill probs end up watching em' all
YOOO i totally forgot cheese in the trap was a show, i read the webtoon a while ago thanks to @lyer_in_hellfyre lol
Original post by qeachy
seconded!!!!

i haven't watched many kdramas but crash landing on you has got to be one of the best i've ever seen. the perfect mix of romance, comedy, angst... ahh!!

bettt ill watch it ty :wink:
Original post by kurro
MY GGGGG TYSM! <3
u even took the time to explain some :wink:
haha it should last me some time - 1 show is typically 16 eps right? so 1 show lasts me 2 days max :/ binging ftw aye lol

MYYYY GGG I GOTCHUUU :five:
and yesss normally 16 eps and same i binge watch each drama in 2 days also :biggrin: omg theres also this rly DAEBAK chinese drama which u gotta give a chance literally one of my all time favvvv dramas bruh- Arsenal Military Academy. It is toooooo lit man literally on the same level as my fav kdramas. If your gonna give chinese dramas a shot i can also recommend more if ya want ygm.
oh yeah theres also another drama thats abit similar to W in the concept of the character ending up in a webtoon its called extraordinary you.
MYYYY GGG I GOTCHUUU :five:
and yesss normally 16 eps and same i binge watch each drama in 2 days also :biggrin: omg theres also this rly DAEBAK chinese drama which u gotta give a chance literally one of my all time favvvv dramas bruh- Arsenal Military Academy. It is toooooo lit man literally on the same level as my fav kdramas. If your gonna give chinese dramas a shot i can also recommend more if ya want ygm.

YEEET haha
ahh i think i may have to decrease my kdrama usage lmao im getting too addicted ! 🙄 OOOOII ill check that too lol have u heard of the kings avatar ? I think it's a Chinese one (its an anime too idk if they are correlated tho) ayeeee ill come to u after i venture thru kdrama's thoroughly ygm :wink: TYYY DOE
imma see if i can juggle 5 at a time 😂 but i started black, truesay plot twist after plot twist yo !
(edited 3 years ago)
200 Pounds Beauty

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending