The Student Room Group

Upgrading 90 credit diploma (Engineering)

Hello Guys,

I believe I finished an Engineering BTEC 90 Credit Diploma in 2018 at a college.

The certificate I was eventually given shows -

"BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma ENGINEERING"
"Grade Merit"

My college was pretty terrible, lots of wasted time and lecturers were very unwilling to help. I am now looking to take another course to bump up my UCAS points with the intention of getting enough to meet the minimums for most military officer roles. I currently only have 54 UCAS points so need to get some more.

My main question for this thread is -

A) Is there a way I can perhaps upgrade my 90 credit into a full diploma (I assume this will just add onto my first result, E.G. A D in the full would result in my having an MD total result). This would also need to be done via a distance learning course.

B) Would it instead be possible to just do a BTEC Level 3 certificate in engineering? This seems like it would give me sufficient UCAS points, but would there be too much overlap with the 90 credit diploma? I have found a course already offered at Semester learning

Thanks for any advice in advance and if any clarification is required please let me know!!
Original post by lfrgtc
Hello Guys,

I believe I finished an Engineering BTEC 90 Credit Diploma in 2018 at a college.

The certificate I was eventually given shows -

"BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma ENGINEERING"
"Grade Merit"

My college was pretty terrible, lots of wasted time and lecturers were very unwilling to help. I am now looking to take another course to bump up my UCAS points with the intention of getting enough to meet the minimums for most military officer roles. I currently only have 54 UCAS points so need to get some more.

My main question for this thread is -

A) Is there a way I can perhaps upgrade my 90 credit into a full diploma (I assume this will just add onto my first result, E.G. A D in the full would result in my having an MD total result). This would also need to be done via a distance learning course.

B) Would it instead be possible to just do a BTEC Level 3 certificate in engineering? This seems like it would give me sufficient UCAS points, but would there be too much overlap with the 90 credit diploma? I have found a course already offered at Semester learning

Thanks for any advice in advance and if any clarification is required please let me know!!

distance learning btec's are few and far between and it all depends if that specification still exists, I'd look at starting again with a level 3 qualification

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending