The Student Room Group

going up 2 grades in a level maths and chemistry

okay so right now i'm roughly at a B/C grade for chemistry and maths and I've been stuck on this point for a while. I've been doing exam papers as my revision but clearly it not getting me than A grade.
Autumn exams are in 3 months so does anyone have any advice on what I should be doing right now and how I should go up a few grades within 3 months?
I think I kinda need help on how to be revising- like past papers, reading notes, making new notes etc. anything that has proved to be really effective for science and math subjects
i went up from a d to an a in chem and an e to a in maths what are your exam boards :h:
Original post by libbyab
okay so right now i'm roughly at a B/C grade for chemistry and maths and I've been stuck on this point for a while. I've been doing exam papers as my revision but clearly it not getting me than A grade.
Autumn exams are in 3 months so does anyone have any advice on what I should be doing right now and how I should go up a few grades within 3 months?
I think I kinda need help on how to be revising- like past papers, reading notes, making new notes etc. anything that has proved to be really effective for science and math subjects

What do you do after completing a past paper and marking it?
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
What do you do after completing a past paper and marking it?

nothing really, I feel like I have good knowledge of the topics so I don't think I need to go revise the topic but most of the time its the actual question
Original post by libbyab
nothing really, I feel like I have good knowledge of the topics so I don't think I need to go revise the topic but most of the time its the actual question

Do you Traffic light topics?

RED - I struggled on this question and need to look at more examples like this

AMBER - I did ok but did not get full marks - these are the 'quick win' topics to target first.

GREEN - I answered this question well - I just need to keep this ticking over.

This approach can make a real difference to grades.

What website resources are you using?
Reply 5
Do you Traffic light topics?

RED - I struggled on this question and need to look at more examples like this

AMBER - I did ok but did not get full marks - these are the 'quick win' topics to target first.

GREEN - I answered this question well - I just need to keep this ticking over.

This approach can make a real difference to grades.

What website resources are you using?

I'll definitely try that. I only really use my college website for past papers and physics and maths tutor for questions by topic
Original post by libbyab
I'll definitely try that. I only really use my college website for past papers and physics and maths tutor for questions by topic

It works for my students so it's worth a go - this website is also good.

topic by topic: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php?year=Full%20Coverage%20Revision%20Worksheets&term=A%20Level

teaching topics: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php?year=A%20Level%202017&term=Main
Reply 7
Hi Guys, im taking A level chemistry and physics and im struggling in both unit 6 of them, my exam board is edexcel, im someone can help me provide a lab book with answers or any practicals ill be grateful for that, please help cuz my exams are this autumn
Reply 8

Thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest