The Student Room Group

Tinder date has girlfriend in different country

Shortly after I met this guy on Tinder we exchange number and we hang out and have sex. He is very nice and romantic treating me like I'm his only girlfriend. I'm curious of him so look at his Instagram and there's something suspicious about him and a particular girl that obviously lives in different country (every photo is tagged in different country and her photo captions are in a foreign language) and it seems she is his girlfriend. I'm very heartbroken and confused. I have feelings for this guy and I'm madly in love with him. It makes me wonder how people form a relationship with someone on the other side of the world when there is others nearer to be compatible with. How this ever be ok and or work out? Why does a guy feel the need to use Tinder if there in a relationship? Should I stay, leave, tell his missus? Opinions?
Original post by Anonymous
Shortly after I met this guy on Tinder we exchange number and we hang out and have sex. He is very nice and romantic treating me like I'm his only girlfriend. I'm curious of him so look at his Instagram and there's something suspicious about him and a particular girl that obviously lives in different country (every photo is tagged in different country and her photo captions are in a foreign language) and it seems she is his girlfriend. I'm very heartbroken and confused. I have feelings for this guy and I'm madly in love with him. It makes me wonder how people form a relationship with someone on the other side of the world when there is others nearer to be compatible with. How this ever be ok and or work out? Why does a guy feel the need to use Tinder if there in a relationship? Should I stay, leave, tell his missus? Opinions?

Get your running shoes on, fast. You owe him nothing.
Original post by Anonymous

He made a tinder account because his girlfriend lives in a different country (presumably a long distance relationship) and he knew he would get away with it better.

My advice? Throw him in the bin.
because Tinders a hook up site, always has been and always will be. and many of the people on there are usually in relationships or definitely not looking to settle down with anyone. This is why long-distance relationships are never advised, if you date someone who lives far away from you you should never expect monogamy. I'm being serious, its stupid to expect someone who you only see every now and again to remain faithful to you.
Find her and tell her

drop her an FYI your bf is a skank
Original post by Oxford Mum
Get your running shoes on, fast. You owe him nothing.

PRSOM. Block him and move on.
Prsom yourself, yalia xx
Reply 7
Get a new boyfriend.
Reply 8
Ask him? Probably is his girlfriend but she might not be - you do not know for definite yet
Reply 9
Original post by ghjajkfa
Ask him? Probably is his girlfriend but she might not be - you do not know for definite yet

It's obvious. There's photos of them together and very flirtatious comments between them.
You still do not know the situation between them. Ask him what it is. How do you know they don't have an open relationship? That they have history or chemistry but are not together because of the distance?

If they are together then you should not carry on just because you are compatible and she is somewhere else. Also, I do not think it is your place to tell the missus. You are already hurting - you shouldn't let someone else hurt as well. Take the lesson and move on.
Kick him to the curb. He's not worth your time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending